Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sound bleed when volume pedal at zero

whunt2

Hi,

So I've searched through the threads but didn't find any discussions that specifically answered the question I have.  I'm using the POD HD400 and have a patch with a distortion effect on FX1 and a delay effect on FX3.  I've run into instances in a live setting where I only have the FX1 effect activated, I literally am muting the guitar strings, have the volume pedal in the up position, then I stomp on FX3 to prepare for using it later and a note will squeal through the house.  I have a MIM Fender Strat plugged into the POD HD400 then going into a Fender Hot Rod Deville tube amp.  I'm connecting the POD HD400 with the 4 cable method.  I just can't understand how sound comes through when I have the volume pedal up.  I thought that's the reason for the volume pedal, to prevent any sound.  If someone can help me figure this out, I would be thankful. It's caused me some embarrassing experiences when it's silent and I'm just getting ready for another part in a song and then I'm squealing a note through the house unexpectedly. Thank you.

As a general rule with volume pedals on a traditional pedalboard setup you'd put them after your overdrives / distortions / fuzzes so you don't lose any gain when the volume pedal is lower, obviously this won't fix your situation, but it's a good general tip :)

I did the pedal calibration tonight and I did make sure the volume pedal was routed in the "post" position.  I have a practice tomorrow night in the place we'll be playing Friday so I'll see how it goes. Thanks.