Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Are Helix "setlists" real setlists or just different patch banks?

mykejb

I see the Helix has eight "setlists". Are these in addition to the real patches, or are they just eight sets of 32 independent patches?

For example, if I have a tone called Tone1 and I put this tone into two setlists does changing the tone in the first setlist change it in the second setlist as well, or do I need to change it in two places?

Mike

Not sure what real patches are. If you're referring to the factory patches, you can delete those if you want. There are 1024 patches and 8 setlists. Each setlist has 128 patches.

You'd need to change things in both locations, or just change one and then copy that into the second location.

Ok ... looks like setlists are just patch banks then. What I was hoping for is setlists like you get on most higher end keyboards. These have plenty of memory for patches (what I refer to as real patches) and totally separate set lists. You create a setlist by adding patches from the patch memory into the setlist.  Changing the original patch changes it in all the setlists it's contained in. The setlists just contain pointers to the patches, not the patches themselves.

Mike

Nothing as complicated as what you described. Pretty much what you see is what you get with Helix and patch organization.

There is a global option to change the numbering scheme for each setlist: either 0-127, or 1A-32D. When using the 1A-32D it goes from 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 2A ... etc. So each group of four patches could be considered a bank. That's about as complicated a scheme that Helix has.

.... The setlists just contain pointers to the patches, not the patches themselves.

That's not the way Helix works. Setlists contain unique patches, not pointers, and there is no separate location for what you describe as 'real' patches.