Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

AMT Pangaea IR Loader

jeremybnz

This little piece of technic seems to be really cool. I´ve checked some non-metal sound samples yesterday.

To be honest; I got GAS and if it would just have MIDI and an XLR-output I sure would give it a try by myself.

Which brings me back to the point I realize that I am strongly interested in a "HD Cap & Mic"-Pack!

• 2 months later...

Just to let you know: they've got a pangaea CP100FX on the way (see AMT facebook page) which does have midi and an additional effects section. So the "pangaea with midi" is coming.

I've got both the logidy and the pangaea, and use both with great results (even without midi, and using just one IR for all my patches).

The logidy is stereo, and can except much longer IR-files, but can't handle "line level" input - so make sure you are not clipping the input. It can load up to 1000 IR files (full-length, it was originally made for reverb, so it can handle very "long" IR files). 

It has some basic EQ features, but I don't use these a lot. It can be used as a convolution pedal for reverb with another firmware as well. 

The pangaea is mono, but excepts a much wider range of input levels (and can also be used in between an amp head and a cabinet with power amp level input. In its newest firmware, it has a VERY good 5 band EQ (which I use to "simulate" the POD HD global eq on my Firehawk FX, because the Firehawk doesn't have global EQ). It cuts the IR file after 20msec (so only accepts "short" IR files). It can load 100 IR files, but they must be quite short (it only has 4MB of memory, so you can't use 100 70Kb IR files). It can also add some reverb (which I never use) and also has an MP3-input and a headphone output. 

So in short: the logidy has the "higher quality" (for some "longer" IR files, this gives a sound with more "detail"), and is stereo (and perfect to put in the effects loop). 

The pangaea is a lot more flexible regarding input and output volumes, has an EQ section that can be compared with the POD global EQ (you can set the frequencies and the Q factor - and this can be set PER patch), and has a headphone output and mp3 input. 

Both cost about the same. I can recommend both, they will both massively improve your sound if you use high-quality IR files (I recommend trying the Ownhammer modern mix libraries and the new 3 sigma's are great as well). Without them, I would probably not have used my POD anymore, now I have several of them...

• Upvote 1

Just to let you know: they've got a pangaea CP100FX on the way (see AMT facebook page) which does have midi and an additional effects section. So the "pangaea with midi" is coming.

I've got both the logidy and the pangaea, and use both with great results (even without midi, and using just one IR for all my patches).

The logidy is stereo, and can except much longer IR-files, but can't handle "line level" input - so make sure you are not clipping the input. It can load up to 1000 IR files (full-length, it was originally made for reverb, so it can handle very "long" IR files). 

It has some basic EQ features, but I don't use these a lot. It can be used as a convolution pedal for reverb with another firmware as well. 

The pangaea is mono, but excepts a much wider range of input levels (and can also be used in between an amp head and a cabinet with power amp level input. In its newest firmware, it has a VERY good 5 band EQ (which I use to "simulate" the POD HD global eq on my Firehawk FX, because the Firehawk doesn't have global EQ). It cuts the IR file after 20msec (so only accepts "short" IR files). It can load 100 IR files, but they must be quite short (it only has 4MB of memory, so you can't use 100 70Kb IR files). It can also add some reverb (which I never use) and also has an MP3-input and a headphone output. 

So in short: the logidy has the "higher quality" (for some "longer" IR files, this gives a sound with more "detail"), and is stereo (and perfect to put in the effects loop). 

The pangaea is a lot more flexible regarding input and output volumes, has an EQ section that can be compared with the POD global EQ (you can set the frequencies and the Q factor - and this can be set PER patch), and has a headphone output and mp3 input. 

Both cost about the same. I can recommend both, they will both massively improve your sound if you use high-quality IR files (I recommend trying the Ownhammer modern mix libraries and the new 3 sigma's are great as well). Without them, I would probably not have used my POD anymore, now I have several of them...

Thats awesome to know, thanks!!

I am still much more interested in some more onboard mics & cabs, as I am not willing to carry around further devices with further power-supply.
I refer to the these ideas, which hopefully lead to a offer of a "Mics & Cabs"-pack by Line6

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/POD-HD-Optional-Cab-Mic-Pack-neutral-cab-with-variations/819062-23508

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/New-Cab-IR-and-Mics-for-POD-HD-series/713811-23508

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/New-Cab-IRs-model-pack-for-the-POD-HD-series/806607-23508

• 2 months later...

Please make some sound-clips, comparing to your previous favorite combinations. I am really looking forward to the result of your testings.

Only thing that keeps me from ordering one too is, that there would be another 3 additional cables again (power, tone, midi)  :wacko: