Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTVs must be in demand

Either Line6 can't keep up, or there is high demand or both.

Guitar center shows the Cherry Sunburst not shipping until June, Tobacco 4/14 and black 4/29

( I ordered a black two days ago and they're still saying ships first week of April).

Amazon has 7 sellers of JTV59 with ship dates all after April 21st ( and prices all over $1500 )

Sweetwater expects them in stock within a few days with immediate shipment upon arrival.

I know when I purchased the Korean JTV69S there were only a few options in stock.  Thankfully the model I wanted was there!  I would imagine it's less of a 'demand' being so great as the supply being lower.

That said, great guitar!

I wonder how fast they're cranking them out. The 3 JTV-69 models (SSS) that Sweetwater does have in stock are one 2013, one 2014 and one 2015.

They're also pimping the Standard now...trying to attract more customers with a lower price-point. If it works, the JTVs will eventually go the way of the dodo.

This kind of low volume product is usually made in batches.  They start production back up when they run out.  Long delivery quotes don't mean that these things are flying off the shelves!

That explains why I got a 2013 guitar last year.

Is Line 6 even producing the JTV line any longer? I thought after they went to Yamaha that the JTV line would end.

That was just speculation. There are 2014 and 2015 models so obviously the line of guitars are still being produced.

Before, I only saw 2013 JTVs popping up last year, but that's no longer the case and they're shipping out new batches.

I hope the JTV keeps going strong as buying it just last year and having it end so soon would lollipop me off rather bad, because as Indianrock said, support dies off after a product is no longer produced.

I've seen them cutting back on the available colors though. Glad I got my shoreline gold 69S when I did. Very pretty. They still make the 59 in tobacco and cherry sunburst plus black. My tobacco burst 59 was the first I got. They no longer make the P90 gold top.

Dave

I've seen them cutting back on the available colors though. Glad I got my shoreline gold 69S when I did. Very pretty. They still make the 59 in tobacco and cherry sunburst plus black. My tobacco burst 59 was the first I got. They no longer make the P90 gold top.

Dave

Oh I'm sure they probably have discontinued some versions for not selling, but I think ultimately we will have the JTV around for at least a few more years if not longer.

That was just speculation. There are 2014 and 2015 models so obviously the line of guitars are still being produced.

Before, I only saw 2013 JTVs popping up last year, but that's no longer the case and they're shipping out new batches.

I hope the JTV keeps going strong as buying it just last year and having it end so soon would lollipop me off rather bad, because as Indianrock said, support dies off after a product is no longer produced.

Well it's good to know that they are still making the JTV, not that the Yamaha model isn't any good it's just that the JTV line plays so well even for an inexpensively made guitar and having a selection of different bodies to choose from is a nice option.

As to support as long as they are being made with the Yamaha line they will be supported, it's great tool to have in your arsenal and would be a bad move for line 6 to get rid of it especially with Helix integration which sounded pretty good.  

I'd say that is about 50 guitars at most so that is still a fairly small number.  Good to see they are still building them though.  I wonder which factory this is?  Probably still the Korea factory I would guess.

I saw in a Rob Chapman video where he was making a Chapman guitar, there were JTVs in the factory as well. It was the Korean ones.

Really cool stuff.

I saw in a Rob Chapman video where he was making a Chapman guitar, there were JTVs in the factory as well. It was the Korean ones.

Really cool stuff.

That factory kicks out some killer guitars.  I have quite a few from there (JTV69, 2 Schecters and 2 PRS) and I'm really happy with the build quality on every one of them.

• Upvote 1

I'd say that is about 50 guitars at most so that is still a fairly small number.  Good to see they are still building them though.  I wonder which factory this is?  Probably still the Korea factory I would guess.

More likely the QC area at Line6 in the US.

• 2 weeks later...