Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FX100 into a cabinet unit

allpedal

I was just curious about what exactly is the best way to run an FX100 into a cab. I don't own a cabinet yet, but I'm looking to purchase one for this purpose. I would assume the best output jack to use would be the main output, but I'm just wanting to be sure. Thanks!

If you want to run an fx100 into a cab, you need an amp, or a pre-amp or power head in between. FX100 does not put out wattage high enough to power speakers by itself. ( with the exception of some low wattage speakers made for radios and such) When you get something to power your speakers, the main outs are your best bet. The amp out signal is so low it wont even register on a mixing board strong enough to be useful. 

• 1 month later...

+1.  a small powered speaker may be the best way to get you started, there are several great powered speakers in different price points you can check out at your local music store.  Line 6 L2 units are great for this application, and tends to be the setup when a lot of the presets are written in-house.