Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Weird issue with original fbv shrtbrd&Vetta ii HD

Stormtrooper12

Okay here's the dealio, and I think this has been plaguing me for a while now and I didn't even realize it was doing it (Causing) it at full band practice levels.

I quit using the fbv shortboard mkii with the Vetta because I picked up the mk i recently and like it better. Better switches/better screen blah blah.

So the issue is ( I just found out) is just the slightest touch of the gas pedal and it drops the volume level.

Then when you change to a different patch within the same bank the volume goes back to normal.

So last night I shut off the vol pedal for both amps in the effect control setup menu of the amp. Now everything works perfect, except no volume pedal lol.

So I turned them all back on and set the minimum to 55% on all and saved thinking that might work cool as a volume boost method as I'd leave it in the heel position and then push to toe position for leads. Once again this works great......Except for the fact that that slight pressure on the pedal or switching between the patches changes the volume level again......Arggggh

Okay here's the dealio, and I think this has been plaguing me for a while now and I didn't even realize it was doing it (Causing) it at full band practice levels.

I quit using the fbv shortboard mkii with the Vetta because I picked up the mk i recently and like it better. Better switches/better screen blah blah.

So the issue is ( I just found out) is just the slightest touch of the gas pedal and it drops the volume level.

Then when you change to a different patch within the same bank the volume goes back to normal.

So last night I shut off the vol pedal for both amps in the effect control setup menu of the amp. Now everything works perfect, except no volume pedal lol.

So I turned them all back on and set the minimum to 55% on all and saved thinking that might work cool as a volume boost method as I'd leave it in the heel position and then push to toe position for leads. Once again this works great......Except for the fact that that slight pressure on the pedal or switching between the patches changes the volume level again......Arggggh

The floorboard is a different bag of beans for each individual patch, whether pedals are on or not also changes with each patch. In one patch the volume pedal might be setup for volume while in another patch it can be setup to do something entirely different like leslie speed, delay times,  etc. 

The floorboard is a different bag of beans for each individual patch, whether pedals are on or not also changes with each patch. In one patch the volume pedal might be setup for volume while in another patch it can be setup to do something entirely different like leslie speed, delay times,  etc. 

Cool, thanks man, I'll look into that. Just seems weird though that the slightest touch, I mean barely a millimeter drops the volume...

I actually took my fbv apart yesterday for a general clean up inside and there is actually no pot attatched to any of those pedals inside.

It looks to me like it works electromagnetically so im gonna say,get a can of electrical cleaner,a few small soft brushes and clean it internally then try it again.

there really aint very much inside those things

I actually took my fbv apart yesterday for a general clean up inside and there is actually no pot attatched to any of those pedals inside.

It looks to me like it works electromagnetically so im gonna say,get a can of electrical cleaner,a few small soft brushes and clean it internally then try it again.

there really aint very much inside those things

I think it's actually photo optic i.e. an LED and a photocell kinda thing.