Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider_Jam1002

I've been really curious about the Helix, (like every guitarist with an internet connection) but I have some questions before I go out and spend that kind of money.The first I have is, what kind of amps/ speakers are most compatible with the Helix? Would a regular PA System work, or would I need to get an FRFR speaker, such as the StageSource? Lastly, does the Helix have a built-in amp/preamp, or does it just "model" the amps?

Helix sounds amazing with every option I've tried (DT25 via L6 Link, Peavey Bravo 112 Vetta II and Randall RH100 via 4-cable method, going straight into the front of the Peavey and Randall, XLR out to my Alto TS110A PA speaker).

I use the PA speaker or DT25 most of the time though because they're so simple.

Helix can model the preamp, full amp, full amp w/cab or standalone cabs.  It doesn't have an actual power amp though so whatever external device you're going to needs to be powered.