Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Screamer 808 - EQ

maxl03

Hi,

for my distorted sounds I’m using the Screamer 808. I love the tone shaping. Sometimes I would like to have exactly the same tone shaping ( mid boost & bass cut ) but without the Gainboost. My idea is to toggle between the Screamer and a EQ. Does anyone know the exact bass, mid, tone settings of the screamer, before I start with try & error :)

Thanks
Markus

I would just go to a "new preset" bank and load the screamer, and see how it loads default...if im understanding you.

If im not mistaken (and very well may be) pressing on the buttons resets effects to their default value.

Measuring the net frequency response of a TS isn't going to tell you a lot, since as said above, there's more going on than static EQ, like frequency dependent distortion, and post-distortion filtering. I'd guess you'll have better luck comparing your proposed EQ curves with the Helix TS by ear.

You're right and to be honest, I didn't want to measure a real TS. I want to measure the Helix Screamer. Will try tomorrow to measure by ear. Maybe Line6 can help and explain, what they have done ( EQ-wise )

Thanks to all for recommendations so far.