Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problems updating Helix to Version 1.06.5

Matias-Hribar

I´m having problems updating my Helix to the latest version 1.06.5. Every time i try it crashes, leaving me with the message - Helix Firmware Update Failed - An error has ocured. And my Helix i asking my to reboot. Then i have to update to version 1.06 again to get it startet again.

does anybody know why or have the same problem.?

i´m runing Line 6 Updater in the latest update 1.07 on a Mac. I haven't had any trouble updating any of the resent versions. 

Matias - I had the same issue yesterday. See my thread on "Hating Line 6 Updates".  Probably not the greatest thread title because the issue may be mine and not Line 6's but..not sure....it is frustrating to buy a new piece of equipment only to have it drop into a coma when you try to update.  Anyway, as you can see from my thread I tried just about everything and finally used my Win10 laptop to successfully complete the upgrade.  It MAY have been my USB cable but not sure. It is working now, at least the Helix unit itself. Haven't had time to try the Helix app again but I do have a working unit.  Ordered a new USB cable and will try it tomorrow.  If you come up with some other solution I would appreciate you sharing it as this is the second straight Line 6 board I have had the same issue with.  Hard to believe it is the cable and may be something coming from my MacBook Pro.  Not sure.... 

Thanks for the inputs guys.. I managed to get my Helix updated to version 1.06.5 today. I apparently had to get the latest version of El Capitan for my Mac. That seemed to fix the problem :)

Just in time for the new update which came out today for 1.10 which includes the new beta of the editor.   :)