Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix beta editor out

audionutmike

The About Helix info displays the current app/editor firmware version. The display in the top left of the app, beside the icon of the Helix device, displays the device firmware version.

In the screenshot posted above they are both accurate. Device firmware 1.10 and app/editor firmware 1.11

Thanks for clearing that up..

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like the editor is unusable unless the device is connected (I don't own one). Does the earlier version of the software allow offline use?

You are correct. No, no version of the Helix App ever allowed for offline use like the HD 500 editor did.

Yep, the communication protocol for the Helix app is very different from that of HD500. If you remember, it's really clunky to attempt to edit from the HD500 hardware and software at the same time. With Helix, you can have three band members editing things simultaneously—one from the front panel, one from the software, and one via MIDI. With Helix Rack, since Helix Control's Pedal Edit Mode is in a separate box, you can have four band members edit things simultaneously. No offline mode also means we can provide updates faster.

• Upvote 1

The About Helix info displays the current app/editor firmware version. The display in the top left of the app, beside the icon of the Helix device, displays the device firmware version.

In the screenshot posted above they are both accurate. Device firmware 1.10 and app/editor firmware 1.11

just to clarify ...

that would be Helix Device firmware version 1.10

and Helix app/editor software version 1.11

just to clarify ...

As long as you choose the beta for the Helix application download on the Line 6 site ... Yes you will see the 1.11 beta app.  Then the updater app, which is stalled during the install of the 1.11 beta app is what I used to update my firmware and it worked very well via my PC.

Dennis

As long as you choose the beta for the Helix application download on the Line 6 site ... Yes you will see the 1.11 beta app.  Then the updater app, which is stalled during the install of the 1.11 beta app is what I used to update my firmware and it worked very well via my PC.

Dennis

I was merely pointing out the fact that the Helix app is software ... not firmware .

that way it is easier to understand why the numbers are different ...

the Helix app on your computer is software ,

updates to the Helix unit itself is firmware

just to clarify ...

We added the word "Firmware" to the version indicator in the upper left corner. It'll be in the next software rev.