Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Struggling to find a cardiod mic soluiton for xd-v55 wireless, problems with Beyerdynamic Opus 54

I do a gig with acoustic guitar and wireless headset (think Garth Brooks) and feedback is an issue since I have to walk by my AWESOME LINE 6 L3T speakers.  The omnidirectional headset that comes with the XD-V55 gives huge feedback problems, so I need a cardiod or supercardiod headset ( which has worked well in previous wireless setups).  I just bought a Beyerdynamic Opus 54 headset, having read on the forums that this mic is compatible with the XD-V systems.  Just plugged it in for the first time and got no signal from the mic.  Does this headset require rewiring, or maybe I got a bad one?  

I can send the Opus 54 back, but need to find a suitable cardiod replacement.  Your help is appreciated, lots of gigs coming up soon!