Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone noticed the Stereo PAN Bug???

johoffry

I just posted this to support and in the bug topic:

Firmware: v1.10.0 (and prior)

Bug: When saving preset with Pan set to 100% Left, preset recalls with Pan set to 100% Right

(Step by step description of how to reproduce bug)

1. Add Stereo PAN and set to Left 100%
  2. Save preset and switch to another preset
  3. Come back to preset you saved and see that now Stereo PAN is set to Right 100%

It's seems to be working fine here. Tried it both on the device and with the editor.

seriously? you set the pan to left 100%, then saved the preset, then changed to another preset, then came back to the original preset and it was still at left 100%?

Wow, I must have really done something weird to cause this then.

seriously? you set the pan to left 100%, then saved the preset, then changed to another preset, then came back to the original preset and it was still at left 100%?

Wow, I must have really done something weird to cause this then.

Yep. If you're able to reproduce this 100% of the time, I'd maybe try a complete reset, 9 & 10, if you haven't already. Backup first. If that doesn't solve anything, something weird sure is happening. Try opening a support ticket.

Yep. If you're able to reproduce this 100% of the time, I'd maybe try a complete reset, 9 & 10, if you haven't already. Backup first. If that doesn't solve anything, something weird sure is happening. Try opening a support ticket.

thx...yes, support ticket has been created

I believe I may know what is happening. When you insert the Pan block, the pan parameter is set to be controlled by EXP2 by default. So, assuming you aren't using an external expression pedal, you are probably using EXP2 to control a volume pedal, and you also probably have the expression pedal position parameter in the Global Settings menu set to "Global". So if you have the on-board pedal in the toe down position when you enter the preset with the Pan effect, the actual position of the expression pedal will override the saved position. So instead of going to "left", it will go to "right". If the pan parameter has brackets around it, it means it's assigned to a controller. To un-assign it, hold down Knob 1 above that parameter to go to the Controller Assign menu, and select "None" with Knob 2.

• Upvote 2

I believe I may know what is happening. When you insert the Pan block, the pan parameter is set to be controlled by EXP2 by default. So, assuming you aren't using an external expression pedal, you are probably using EXP2 to control a volume pedal, and you also probably have the expression pedal position parameter in the Global Settings menu set to "Global". So if you have the on-board pedal in the toe down position when you enter the preset with the Pan effect, the actual position of the expression pedal will override the saved position. So instead of going to "left", it will go to "right". If the pan parameter has brackets around it, it means it's assigned to a controller. To un-assign it, hold down Knob 1 above that parameter to go to the Controller Assign menu, and select "None" with Knob 2.

you are right about all that and I did unassign the exp2 because it is not needed. It appears to be working now that I've done a global reset.

nope, you are right. It is looking at the pedal position to determine the setting. Thx!

+1 Nice diagnosis!