Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Scribble Strip Naming

tdub77

Hello there, so I found  a cool trick.  I am able to assign a foot switch to my amp to control gain, vol, bass,...  But when doing this I am not sure how or if I can change the name on the scribble strip.  Currently I have a gain boost with a volume drop set to a foot switch, which gives a nice gain boost while keeping the volume close to the same and it doesn't color the tone any which is really awesome, but the scribble strip reads "multiple 2" and I was hoping to be able to rename this just like I can with any other effect that i add.  

Thanks for help.  

btw I did try to change it the way I would if changing the name of any other strip.

Thanks again

Tim

Hello there, so I found  a cool trick.  I am able to assign a foot switch to my amp to control gain, vol, bass,...  But when doing this I am not sure how or if I can change the name on the scribble strip.  Currently I have a gain boost with a volume drop set to a foot switch, which gives a nice gain boost while keeping the volume close to the same and it doesn't color the tone any which is really awesome, but the scribble strip reads "multiple 2" and I was hoping to be able to rename this just like I can with any other effect that i add.  

Thanks for help.  

btw I did try to change it the way I would if changing the name of any other strip.

Thanks again

Tim

Go over to the Command Center, pick the switch for the scribble switch you want to rename and hit Customize.

You first have to assign an on/off function to the switch for an amp or pedal, then use the Command Center-> Customize feature to rename the script, then un-assign the on/off function. The Helix won't allow me to access the Customize feature until I assign the pedal to turn on/off an effect or amp.

You first have to assign an on/off function to the switch for an amp or pedal, then use the Command Center-> Customize feature to rename the script, then un-assign the on/off function. The Helix won't allow me to access the Customize feature until I assign the pedal to turn on/off an effect or amp.

That seems like a bug, doesn't it?

Line 6, are you treating this as a bug?

You shouldn't have to assign on/off functionality to a switch to change the label. You do have to have at least one controller assignment set before you add a custom label, though. You can't label a switch with no assignments. I've done this lots of times, and I've never had to have on/off functionality assigned to a switch to customize the label in the Command Center.

• 5 years later...
2 hours ago, LBET said:

This is still an issue. There should be a super easy way to do this from HX Edit too me thinx.

“Still an issue” - this thread is from 2016.

“There should be a super easy way to do this from HX Edit too me thinx”

Well, methinks there is, and it is listed on page 40 of the HX Edit Pilot’s Guide - Rev T (v3.15) English

Customizing a Footswitch Label
For any selected Bypass or Controller assignment that is created using your device’s Footswitch, you’ll see a Customize control displaying the block model’s default name. This is the label displayed on the hardware’s scribble strip for this footswitch (or on the LCD screen for a Helix LT, HX Stomp, or HX Stomp XL device) when your device is in Stomp Footswitch Mode. If you want to customize this label, double-click on the existing name, type your new text in the field, and hit your Enter/Return key. To clear your text and return to the default model label, click the Clear (eraser) button to the right of the field.

Similar details re: Customizing a Footswitch Label are mentioned in the Helix 3.0 Owner’s Manual - Rev F - English on page 52

All the info you might need to rename a Scribble Strip. Not too difficult really?

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1