Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Graphic view for all the Eq blocks in the editor

Paolo_Maina

Yeah, how great would it be if when you adjust any EQ on the actual helix it switches to that visual view. It makes it so much easier to see what you are really doing to the EQ.

I know this sounds precociously, but EQing means using your ears in the first place.

Would be a nice optical feature, but I would like to know, what eventually would be limited instead then.

• Upvote 1

I know this sounds precociously, but EQing means using your ears in the first place.

Would be a nice optical feature, but I would like to know, what eventually would be limited instead then.

True, but the visual supports the aural in some cases. Especially when different freq. bands cross each other.

A graphical view of the EQ across a Real Time Analyzer would be ideal. Handy for electric guitar and indispensable for finding which frequencies are feeding back from acoustic guitar and vocals. For anyone who has ever used an RTA with their mixer, there is simply no better way to find frequencies that are too attenuated, but most especially for finding the ones that are feeding back or spiking.

You can vote for it here: http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/RTA-Real-Time-Analyzer-screen-for-the-Helix/805922-23508

I posted this on IdeaScale a while ago. Please upvote it.

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Graphical-representation-of-the-EQ-curve/810465-23508

maybe i  already voted for it so i can't vote it again.

You meant graphic view inside Helix and i think it's impossible but in the editor is more doeable.

In the same waythe RTA could be implemented in the Editor easily than inside Helix.

maybe i already voted for it so i can't vote it again.

You meant graphic view inside Helix and i think it's impossible but in the editor is more doeable.

In the same waythe RTA could be implemented in the Editor easily than inside Helix.

I can see how an RTA would be a resource hog in the Helix but I don't think a line representing the EQ curve would be very CPU intensive.

I can see how an RTA would be a resource hog in the Helix but I don't think a line representing the EQ curve would be very CPU intensive.

I think they are reluctant to make any mod inside Helix but maybe they could be less reluctant to modify the Editor.

I considered that as well. I have no idea how much an RTA consumes in terms of resources, you could well be right that it could be a hog. Even if I had to bring it up in a preset of its own it could be a valuable resource for finding feedback. If it is not too resource intensive it would be awesome if it could be turned on/off with EQ blocks.

TOTALLY AGREE and have have voted..

The biggest thing for me is the Q.   EQ's like the 10 band or the simple...  don't have any specifc reference for what the Q curve looks like or for that matter what does Low, Mid and High gain do on a SIMPLE eq.   There should be a center freq, q and level... that's it.  

• Upvote 1

maybe i  already voted for it so i can't vote it again.

I did intend for it to be on the Helix itself as the editor was not even out yet when I posted it to IdeaScale. Plus, I see this as most valuable for practice and gigs through the PA where you are more likely to encounter feedback and less likely to have an editor set up. However, it would be nice to have it in both places.