Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Pedal Board

archisc

I've got mine mounted to a Pedaltrain Pro with a handful of external pedals and my signal chain is as follows:

Guitar -> Korg Pitchblack -> ISP Decimator -> Ibanez Wheeping Demon -> Helix Guitar input.

FX Loop 3 containing TC Mini Spark

FX Loop 4 containing BBE Sonic Stomp -> TC Ditto Looper

I also have an external Mission L6 expression pedal.

I have the entire board wired with 2 Lava Cables Tightrope kits.

All this is either fed into a L6 DT25 (using L6 Link), H&K Tubemeister 36 (4CM) or an Alto TSA110 (XLRs).

All this is mounted nicely to the board excluding the wah and expression pedal but when I pack it up into the Pedaltrain bag, they sit nicely above the Helix's mounting space.

I've got mine mounted to a Pedaltrain Pro with a handful of external pedals and my signal chain is as follows:

Guitar -> Korg Pitchblack -> ISP Decimator -> Ibanez Wheeping Demon -> Helix Guitar input.

FX Loop 3 containing TC Mini Spark

FX Loop 4 containing BBE Sonic Stomp -> TC Ditto Looper

I also have an external Mission L6 expression pedal.

I have the entire board wired with 2 Lava Cables Tightrope kits.

All this is either fed into a L6 DT25 (using L6 Link), H&K Tubemeister 36 (4CM) or an Alto TSA110 (XLRs).

All this is mounted nicely to the board excluding the wah and expression pedal but when I pack it up into the Pedaltrain bag, they sit nicely above the Helix's mounting space.

Nice! Can you post a picture of your board?

Road Cases USA 32x16 case.  It was a great deal.  I kind of wish I got the luggage casters to make it easier to transport  With everything in it the weight is about 50lbs.  I added rubber feat on the bottom and took out the carpet.  Using 3M Dual Lock to hold down everything.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDyV4mMNzKe/?taken-by=hollis1003

What is the size of that case?  It looks like I could fit my helix and pedals in there perfectly.

The dimensions of the case are:

• Interior length: 29 1/2"
  • Interior width: 15 3/4"
  • Interior depth: 5 1/2" (including lid)
  • Depth of lid: 1"
  • Weight: 20 pounds

Here's the link to where you can buy it.

http://www.rondomusic.com/product7517.html

It's actually a really nice case, way nicer than I thought it was going to be.   I ended up using the Scotch brand Extreme version velcro.  It's all plastic and it does hold really well.  I put one strip on each corner and once it's on there it's not going anywhere.   The latches are nice and it is built well, just a bit heavy.  

Enjoy!!

Todd

• Upvote 1

Nice! Can you post a picture of your board?

For some reason it's not letting me attach anything, I'll have to take another crack at it when I get home tomorrow from my laptop as opposed to my phone.

SymphonicDischord,

Can you confirm the pedaltain pro bag is not too tight and not pressing on the joystick and buttons. Someone using it claims he had problems with the joystick in the bag... thanks

I haven't noticed any issues with it so far and I've been storing it that way for around 5 months now. It could be because I put my wah and expression pedal along the top of my board in the case that it gives it that extra lift and clearance needed to keep it off the joystick. I can try and have a look at it tomorrow and see if I can post some pictures for you guys.
  • Upvote 1