Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mobile POD 2.0 update. Custom Tone missing???

fuentesjoe

silvered, are you referring to the Customtone link on the website menu? It does not work. When you select a custom tone to download, it asks for a registered product. There is no entry for registering Mobile Pod. I have some Line 6 gear registered but it does not seem to work with those. Am I missing something? 

Sorry - I missed the word 'mobile' in your post. I thought you were referring to the Pod 2.0 product.

Customtone does not apply to the Mobile Pod 2 software. You can't load new tones into the app; it comes pre-loaded. You can save new tones that you create in the app but there is no import feature.

The tone search feature in Mobile Pod 2 applies to the internal pre-loaded tone library, as well as any saved user tones.

So what you are saying is that this feature was removed from the update? Because we were able to import directly via the app from Customtone.com in the previous version, as fuentesjoe stated. If that is so, it is a huge step backwards.

Hmmm..... I will investigate further. I don't think any features were removed from this version, but like you I don't see any Customtone search capability. I did not notice it was missing - really haven't used it with Mobile Pod before.

Hi all

Just received official answer about this from Line 6 and it's not good news:

Hi,
I'm sorry this feature is no longer available on the Mobile Pod 2.0. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I believe it is time for everyone interested in this feature to get in touch with Line 6. Hopefully they could reconsider and bring it back. I already answered to the ticket asking if they were willing to bring it back, if enough people asks...

For anyone interested, I've just submitted a new petition or campaign to the ideascale site to bring back Customtone.

If you think the download of custom tones was a useful feature from v1 that should be in version 2, please go to http://line6.ideascale.com/ and add your vote.

The campaign is called:  Bring back Customtone.com to Mobile Pod 2

Thanks.

I did like some of those CustomTone presets in Mobile POD 1 also, but that feature actually was never a "live" searchable link to import tones from CustomTone site - it was just a good size static set of tones that Line 6 took from the CustomTone site and included them as a set of presets within Mobile POD 1. Since I've used Mobile POD for a while now I find it pretty easy to make my own presets with it, and Mobile POD 2 makes it a bit easier with the larger controls now thankfully!

• Upvote 1

"Best of Custom Tone" was a static and somewhat random selection of tones from the CT database. We chose to drop it because the tone quality was hit or miss, many contained misspellings and in general was a poor proxy for the user experience we wanted. 

We encourage you to visit ideascale as suggested by jdonato (campaign is called "Bring back Customtone.com to Mobile Pod 2"). Product Management is actively involved in utilizing ideascale to implement features into our products.

• 9 months later...

Just reopening this thread...angrily

My sonic port arrived today and if this is correct and you can't search and use community tones then it's going back straight away!

This is not helping my opinion of Line 6 as I just returned an Amplifi 75 due to constant dropouts with the App making it unusable.

However when it did work it spwas the ability to access the community easily witting the app and demo or save these was the MAIN reason I purchased it. Looking to continue this in a working format is why I bought the Sonic Port.

After playing with the App for an hour and failing to find this feature is why I came online and found a video of a someone using this feature in the App, one which looked a lot nicer than mine. I then realised this was not th '2' app and then found this thread

Argggh Line 6 you are very frustrating!

Listen to your customers and give us what the oh want. Without this feature and access to the thousand of online presets that you have acquired you have lost your advantage over your competitors

• 3 months later...

Hi,

My son is 13 and has been learning acoustic guitar for about 4 years, just moved on to electric. I am not musical at all, so I am looking to make it easy for him to enjoy it, by getting access to customtones for bands and artists he likes. I am looking to purchase the Sonic Port and for him use with Mobile POD to do this.

Whilst the 10,000 presets might cover a lot of genres, music is always evolving and I guess tones as well. Line6 already recognises this by having customtones for their hardware, and it's a fantastic concept that I believe should be included in the wider software App. I'd be happy to pay for the App if it meant free access to customtones which, let's face it, the community is develops for the love of music. 

k.

• 2 months later...

... much more than Customtones I would prefer exchanging MY tones from iPhone to iPad via iCloud or similar Cloud-Services (like in JamUp). Is there already a petition for this on idea scale? Can't find one â˜ï¸

EDIT: Found the tone-export feature. The GUI of mobile POD seems a bit tricky compared to JamUP f.e.