Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Vetta HD gone haywire

Wappyclock

Hey all,

I have a Line 6 Vetta HD head that on two occasions now (both at gigs) has gone haywire.

It powers up, but the buttons are randomly lit up (2 channels simultaneously) and unable to select anything, the buttons and dials do not respond. Pedal board also does not respond. The display screen is scrambled and 2 thirds blank.

1st time it happened, turned off and on, no joy. Someone tripped the power lead and when I turned it on again, working fine.

It worked fine for about 2 months, but then same thing happened again. This time, nothing fixed it. Sent it to an amp doctor who said it initially remained unresponsive, but then 'fixed itself'. He has taken it apart but unable to find any root cause. Digital I guess is harder to determine. 

I have to have a reliable amp - any suggestions as to what could be causing this and how it can be fixed? Would like to avoid having to buy a new amp if possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Dan.