Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Just ordered the 75

Gkf9

Heard great things about this Amp and not so good things,but I've ordered one anyway so I guess I'll find out if it's for me or not?

Hoping the update process will be a smooth one? Sounds like a nightmare,I'm hoping to update it with my Apple Mac book by downloading the updater then flashing it with the USB cable. I don't own any thing else Apple so no updating through Iphone/Ipad etc.

Is there anything else I need to do or prepare for?

Thanks.

Well got my Amp,updated via Apple Mac book, no trouble whatsoever phew!

Not had much of a mess yet, but some of the tones suck to be honest, got some good ones too tho.

Will report back when I've had a few weeks with it.

Just got mine this week and could not update via USB on a Mac but no problem using the iPhone to update albeit 45 minutes. But it worked great! Enjoying it very much. When u did try to use computer to update I got this black screen that said "Select a Product to Update" but there was no list. Just the black screen. Anyone else have this issue on a Mac?

Didn't get no black screen.

This was the procedure I followed on my Macbook Pro.

1.Downloaded the Line 6 updater to my Mac.

2.Connected to the Amplifi via USB from the Mac.Put Amp in update mode.

3.Opened the Line 6 Updater Application on my Mac.

4.Signed into Line 6 account, followed the instructions.

5.This then presented me with a picture of the device to update.

6.Then factory reset.

Updated, took about 10mins,job done.

Had a good play last night,connection dropped out a lot and had to reboot both App and device several times.

Hope this isn't going to become the norm, or it's going back.

It is a great amp apart from the connectivity issues STILL, that's already been well documented.

I have had zero connectivity issues so far ðŸ‘ðŸ»! A few issues getting the device to return to any saved settings for my presets! I'll tweak a sound and save it with same name to My Tones followed by a save to the amp. When I switch preset locations and return to the one I previously saved it defaults to the old setting. If I tweak a preset and save it with a new name to the amp then it works correctly. Anyone else have this experience?

Probably like you save a file on a computer, can't save the same name?

Seems like it should just update or over write the file which is what happens on a computer. It does not. Also in My Tones I have 5 of the same preset because it is storing the newly saved files all slightly different because they have been tweaked then saved. It does not update or overwrite the file.

Jim