Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500x Presets

Guitarzan

I believe they are the same presets, and the 500 patches do indeed work with the 500X.  When opening with the Edit software, just change it to view all files (*.*) OR change the file extension (which I've not yet done).

They are the same presets. I don't know that I would call them a weakness. A company like Line 6 can't possible make presets that would work for every guitar/venue. Any device you get is going to have a couple decent presets and a bunch of stuff you'd never use. The power of the device comes in making your own.

he was talking about using 500x tones on a 500... the factory ones... are the same... however, 500x tones can exceed the capabilities of the 500 and won't always work.

I believe they are the same presets, and the 500 patches do indeed work with the 500X.  When opening with the Edit software, just change it to view all files (*.*) OR change the file extension (which I've not yet done).

Yes, I was talking about factory presets. Always looking for great tones, so thought I would ask if there's anything new here, and there isn't apparently.

FYI, it's old news here that the HD500 factory presets are almost universally bad - the worst of any product previously made by Line6, but not looking for a debate. Just an accepted fact by most. 

I'm glad you are here to voice the opinion (err fact, according to you) of "most"

5zKXz.gif

Yes, I was talking about factory presets. Always looking for great tones, so thought I would ask if there's anything new here, and there isn't apparently.

FYI, it's old news here that the HD500 factory presets are almost universally bad - the worst of any product previously made by Line6, but not looking for a debate. Just an accepted fact by most. 

I'm happy enough with my POD HD500 that soon I will get a second one.  
It will be the new HD500x.  I will want to transfer presets(tones) between the two.

I understand DSP Limitation of the HD500 compared to the HD500X.  
My question is will there be any issue having both edit software versions on the same computer, as well as drivers for both POD units?

They are the same presets. I don't know that I would call them a weakness. A company like Line 6 can't possible make presets that would work for every guitar/venue. Any device you get is going to have a couple decent presets and a bunch of stuff you'd never use. The power of the device comes in making your own.

Yeah but would it have been a big deal to do the following....?

How many models are there... 30ish....   Take each model and make 5 patches for each..... totally pristine clean... light overdrive... distortion... clean with reverb... overdrive with reverb and delay... (something like that)

... Have somebody do it that was fluent in guitar.. and who also knew the software...

This way the new owner can hit the ground running... they could still experiment and make patches on their own... but at least they are much further on their way...

How many posts have you read that said that the newbie owner was ready to pack it in with the 500 because they couldn't dial in a tone... ?   I've read quite a few... If you give them good usable tones up front for each model... the enjoyment factor is immediate instead of the feelings of frustration...

A one page cheat sheet .. that started with ... WHat are are you plugging in to?  Then pick these settings.

Most of the posts from new owners are either about .. dialing in a tone... or setup configuration... which are very related.. If you have the output setting wrong.. then that can impact dialing in a good tone...

Had they done that... 50% of the posts on here... wouldn't be here...

no problem at all... i think i have EVERY version of edit on my PC.

I'm happy enough with my POD HD500 that soon I will get a second one.  
It will be the new HD500x.  I will want to transfer presets(tones) between the two.

I understand DSP Limitation of the HD500 compared to the HD500X.  
My question is will there be any issue having both edit software versions on the same computer, as well as drivers for both POD units?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

i believe he may have been referring to how many of those come with "usable" tones pre-loaded from the factory...

pretty sure that at least  3 or 4 setlists are filled up to get you started... which you can, as stated, overwrite if you wish....

How many presets are included with the HD500X?  Is it just the 64 or are there more under the other set lists?

8 setlists x 16 banks x 4 presets = 512 presets totals, all overwriteable.

5 of the 8 setlists come pre-programmed, but they are completely writable 

although, of the 5:

one of them is a 'best of' 

one is for acoustic, bass, and vocals, 

one is for the variax 

one is a 'song stylist' 

The other is called Heavy. 

Really, the originals suck (no offense to the team). 

But they give some excellent ideas as to some of what can be accomplished with the device. And they only demonstrate a fraction of what can be accomplished with time and patience for experimentation and tweaking. 

• 9 months later...