Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Copying complete Helix IR list in App before firmware upgrade

DavidBurt

You can select them all by clicking on the first, hold down the "shift" key and clicking on the last. Then push "export". However, if you're having the same problem with the Helix app (1.04 or 1.10) and Mac OS X 10.11.4 as I do, the Helix app will freeze before the export is ready. So I did them 1 by 1 instead. I've understood that this is a problem of OS X 10.11.4 (at least). Somehow, I can record perfectly through the USB interface and also the Line 6 updater works fine, but the Helix app cuts out every time (sometimes no connection, sometimes the connection is lost after a while). Either directly in a USB slot or through a (powered) USB hub, it makes no difference.

It does work under Windows 10 though ... :(

In the app you can export all IRs in one operation. This creates individual wav files in a folder on your computer. However I am not sure that this operation retains the critical association between filenames and IR slot number in Helix so the operation may not be reversible. I suggest changing the filenames of your IRs before exporting to include the slot number as a prefix to the filename. That way you can manually import the individual IRs to the correct slot.

In the app you can export all IRs in one operation. This creates individual wav files in a folder on your computer. However I am not sure that this operation retains the critical association between filenames and IR slot number in Helix so the operation may not be reversible. I suggest changing the filenames of your IRs before exporting to include the slot number as a prefix to the filename. That way you can manually import the individual IRs to the correct slot.

Thanks. I will try this.

You can select them all by clicking on the first, hold down the "shift" key and clicking on the last. Then push "export". However, if you're having the same problem with the Helix app (1.04 or 1.10) and Mac OS X 10.11.4 as I do, the Helix app will freeze before the export is ready. So I did them 1 by 1 instead. I've understood that this is a problem of OS X 10.11.4 (at least). Somehow, I can record perfectly through the USB interface and also the Line 6 updater works fine, but the Helix app cuts out every time (sometimes no connection, sometimes the connection is lost after a while). Either directly in a USB slot or through a (powered) USB hub, it makes no difference.

Thanks. This helps a lot. I will try this later.

Thanks EdwinV. Worked perfectly without the Helix freezing. I have OS XEl Capitan 10.11.3.

You were correct! I have only used 5-6 of the IR's so it wasn't too much work matching them with the patches after updating the firmware. I will re-label them next time.

As for the editor - Wow! It looks and works great. Keep up the good work Line 6.