Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mobile Pod V2.0 versus V1.7

vcf6

I would recommend backing up your earlier version if possible before updating. I downloaded the update and don't like it for the following reasons:

1) GUI is completely different - way too modern, Ableton? Prefer the effects and amps to look 'real'

But more importantly.......

2) You cannot switch effects of by tapping them. You have to select the effect first, then select on/off from new window. So there's no 'stomp' switch on the effects. So that's 2 actions rather than one. Compare with Tonestack where I can turn multiple effects on/off with one press.

Apart from the Audio Energy beam there is little difference. I had no problems with the old interface despite using it on an iPad mini and I'm not very good generally with touch screens.

Plus point - you can change buffer size inside the app.

post-2370374-0-88954300-1459592478_thumb.png

They need to do some thing, it's turned into junk. It doesn't work on my IPod, It won't shut down all the way on my IPhone. I have to restart my phone so it doesn't drain the battery. They at least  need to respond and let their paying customer know what is going on and what time frame it maybe resolved.

Also:

Custom tone.com access is gone. So if you like downloading other user-contributed tones, try to do it before "upgrading". But beware:

In my case, I tried or tested the upgrade in two different ways: "upgrading" without user tones, only with the factory ones (clean upgrade), which went OK. BUT upgrading with my favorite downloaded user tones resulted in crashing while opening the app. It would begin the updating/migrating tones process and crash. Every time. Had to delete everything and begin again. And by this I mean, deleting everything "Mobile Pod" from my devices and computer, getting an old copy of version 1.7, downgrade, download EVERY tone again, and try to upgrade to v 2 again, to no avail. And, since you cannot add custom tones after the fact, there is no way to troubleshoot by adding a few tones at a time...

So, if you do not want to lose your custom tones, do not try to upgrade for now, or at least, backup them to your computer with something like PhoneView or other utility before trying. And keep a copy of version 1.7 handy.

And, if I remember correctly, there is a "Share" button! So Line 6 wants me to share my tones, but there is no way to benefit from the sharing??? I contacted Line 6 about the loss of customtone.com (hoping that it was an omission, that it would come back) but received an answer that confirmed worst case scenario. It's gone, at least for now. Hopefully they change their minds. Most other amp sim apps have some kind of sharing enabled.

On the interface issue, I really like the way things are distributed now and how I can access tones in a kind-of split window. I would compromise: keep things distributed on screen as they are, bring back the "real-ish" looking amps and effects.

I concur with OP about having the possibility of switching effects by tapping.

They need to do some thing, it's turned into junk. It doesn't work on my IPod, It won't shut down all the way on my IPhone. I have to restart my phone so it doesn't drain the battery. They at least  need to respond and let their paying customer know what is going on and what time frame it maybe resolved.

Actually, there is a switch in the Mobile POD 2's Settings screen called "Run app in background". This is on by default, but if you turn it to Off, then whenever you close the app, it exits all the way. I think you need to also disconnect your audio interface too though when not using it - it looks like my iPhone always pings my interface every so often, which probably also drains the battery some, but apparently that's an iOS thing since it does that whether Mobile POD (or any music app) is running or not.

Thanks, that took care of the app still running on exit. I did know about the Sonic Port still running even when the apps are closed out due to it running as an sound interface.

So far no luck on the IPod, 20 reinstalls later and it will still crash when opened every time. I'd prefer using the IPod over the phone so the phone battery is charged for when I go to work.

Same problem on my iPhone, opened only without my tones. But on my iPad I opened mobile pod in cubasis. It took a while and then migrated all my usertones. I heard from the support, that there will come an update. We are all beta users ;-(

My question: I want to go back to 1.7 and does anyone have the .ipa on his computer? I updated to fast and only have the version 2.0 in iTunes. Line 6 isn't cooperative and do not want to go back to the older version, I can not get ist.

Is there anyone willing to send me the file?

info@a-t-design.eu

Many thanks in advance

Achim

Yes I second that - anyone who hasn't updated yet will still have 1.7 ipa on their computer. I'm hoping if I can get hold of a copy I can replace V2.0 - maybe Line 6 can send me a copy? vcf2@tesco.net - just hoping :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...