Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 150 (Dim Lights + Factory Reset Not Working)

pandeharris

My Amplifi 150 device is not working.  Symptom = powers up and does nothing except showing 4 tone lights + dim representation of the bluetooth light.  Volume knob renders nothing (no red indicator level lights).  I have tried unsuccessfully doing a Factory Reset procedure (powering up while holding down volume knob and tone button) multiple times - with no luck.  The amplifier just went out of warranty in December, so I can't take it in for repair without investing further in what has so far been a disappointing purchase.   I tried opening a support ticket, but the Line6 system throws me into an endless loop (register profile + register product - both of which are done, but evidently not recognized for some reason by the support ticket workflow process).  

Most other posts on the forums indicate success at least with the Factory Reset, so I'm essentially stuck.  

Any ideas?

PS - I'd be happy to work on a software/firmware update via direct connection, but my only available home devices are Mac OS or iOS platform.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

No. They are not blinking. All 4 tone LEDs are solid. The Bluetooth light is solid but very dim. I am not able to connect to it via USB or Bluetooth. I am also unable to perform the factory reset. It is unresponsive to everything I have tried.

• 1 month later...

I'm having exactly the same issue.  Amp is 13 months old and has given me quite a lot of problems from a bluetooth perspective with iOS devices and has always had issues with updating to the latest firmware version released.  I've raised a support ticket and will feed back any updates I get from that.  Interesting to know I'm not the only one who has been having this issue.  I wonder if there's a batch of amps from initial manufature that have some kind of hardware issue with them?

• 2 weeks later...

I'v got exactly the same issue. All 4 lights start flashing after a few seconds.................
I just use it as a stage monitor for my Helix, but anyway............... It happened during the sound check, and I had to play the hole gig with only guitar sound from PA

Has any one found a fix for this problem???

Thor

• 3 weeks later...

Same here as well. So tired of it.

For me, it happened after leaving the amplifi on without using it for few hours... and then, there is nothing to do. It's like something overheated in there. It worked again for a while and now I am back to that blinking thing and the brick is completely unresponsive...

:huh:

i had this issue only 20 days of owning amplifi 150..(dim light tone lights and bluetooth light and no response) ended up sending it back under the 45 day return policy, so not sure what it is.  now im having another issue completely different.  clean tones are distorted after not even an hour or so playing it...  im tryin to see if there is a feed on that.  i hope i dont have to replace this one again... if i do might just get something else.  

• 2 weeks later...

i have the exact same problem was working fine then next time is used it same thing.  all 4 tomne lights solid and bluetooth light solid and dim.   Obviously there is a flaw.  Mine I think is just over a year old.  I hope line6 is willing to step up and support their product??

I submitted a trouble ticket for this problem and this is the response I got.

"Hello,

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Can you please try to re-boot your amp in update mode. Be sure to press and hold the TONE and TAP buttons while you power on your amp. You'll hold those buttons for about 5 seconds when you power up.

Then, you'll want to perform the update using a MAC or PC computer.

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifi-products/ampl/how-to-update-amplifi-3075150fx100tt-with-w-r701

Once you re-install the firmware, you should be able to boot up your amp as normal.

Be sure to follow these instructions, and let me know what results you get."

I tried this and no change.   still 4 solid tone lights and a dim Bluetooth light.  also I tried the factory reset thatg is in the manual that came with my amp "it says to hold volume knob down and the tone at same time when powering up still nothing.    pc will not recognize it when plugged in usb still as well.   very discouraging as I believe my warranty has just ended.   this amp has been treated great it basically was placed in my living room and used occasionally always updated.  and now it is sitting here like a very expensive brick,  I will update on the next respose I get on my ticket.   

No that doesn't make sense.  "As a work around you may be able to update the firmware with an iOS device."   

It wouldn't revert to factory default or go into update mode.  no Bluetooth connectivity pc not seeing it plugged in.  So i have a hard time imagining that somehow an apple product will magically work on this.   I am getting very frustrated with this still waiting for another response on my support ticket.  this is an obvious flaw in your equipment as I see multiple people are having the same issue.   Line 6 needs to step up and stand behind their product.   people on here have had to send their equipment for repair for this exact same issue, which is fine I suppose if you are still under warranty but my understanding is that your warranty is over in 12 month which oddly enough mine has just literally ended weeks ago i believe.   but as of now I have a very expense brick sitting here in my living room.   line 6 better seriously look at this problem and do something for their customers or they will loose customers if they even care.  How were the ones sent into repair repaired?  Or were these simply replaced with another that will fail again later, hopefully when the warranty is over.   I have had amps for the last 30 years and never been so frustrated.  

No that doesn't make sense.  "As a work around you may be able to update the firmware with an iOS device."   

The original firmware did not support Android but did support iOS out of the box, that is why an iOS device may work.

The 4 lights indicate the AMPLIFi is in recovery mode, and BT should still work in recovery mode, however, if the fw is original or corrupt, it may require an iOS device to update via BT.

Also, sometimes users miss the steps of installing the USB driver or putting the AMPLIFi in update mode when attempting to use the Line6 Updater. I'm not implying you are missing those steps, just trying to eliminate some scenarios. 

I have also seen users report they were able to update via Line6 Updater when trying a different pc.

its is not right of box.  it had been updated, far from original firmware.   it did connect with bluetooth to android.  I had installed the latest drivers on pc.    The 4 tone lights are solid not blinking.    i was told or read that the light must be blinking to be in update mode.   will not go into update mode or back to factory reset.   tried on a differ computer too and like i said pc will not recognize that the amp has even been plugged into either pc.   has anyopne tyhere been able to help anyone who has this same problem.   have I mentioned the amp does nothing no sound when guitar is plugged in?

I am another disgruntled owner of Amplifi 150 with same situation. Purchased in Calgary Canada 2 years before problem started. I have used Line 6 updater to get latest firmware, but now PC will not recognize with USB. Now it is totally useless. After communicating with Line6 support tickets, was told to deal with Canadian distributor Yorkville Sound in Toronto. No warranty, but want me to ship and pay for repair. It seems like a common problem with internal motherboard that will not respond to anything. I am frustrated and fortunate to have Fender Deluxe Reverb to play through. There should be a recall issued for this problem to be fixed. In limbo now waiting for Line6 to recognize the serious issues with many of their Amplifi products. I did like the sound when it did work. Kevin

• 2 months later...

I have the exact same problem was working fine then next time I turned it on Flashing lights, so I updated via the Ipad app and it said it updated successfully. But when i turned it on it would not come out of recovery mode and still said it needed the latest update even though it was already updated. I then updated it with the PC and same issue, after finishing the the update successfully it then rebooted back in recovery mode (all 4 lights flashing). I tried factory reset with no change. I then decided to back date the firmware to the previous version 2.10 after that  all 4 Tone Lights Solid and Faint bluetooth light. tried resetting and updates procedure no luck. Got to play through it a total of about 20 mins sounded good when it worked. 

Just got this Amplifi 150 from Line 6 yesterday! 

• 2 months later...

I had do send my to a local shop and it was just a loose wire ..... had it back for about 6 months now it is doing it again. I should have never bought this amp. Sorry Line6

Hi,

can you give us some feedback on the "loose wire"? Do you know which one it was? Is this something we can fix on our own or it needs some spare parts?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Se puede reparar esto? Realmente intente de todos modos. Y tengo el amplificador sin funcionar.

Se puede hacer cargo la gente de Line 6?. Confiamos en sus productos y no los podemos utilizar.

Para mi esta fue una compra cara y cuide muchísimo este equipo.

I've had my Amplifi 150 for three weeks.

In that time I've used it twice before updating and twice afterwards.

Now it's the same as all the other on here, dead!

Four lights by the Tone button and a dim Bluetooth light.

Factory reset won't work. The device isn't recognised by either my Pc or my Mac.

I returned it to the shop on Saturday and they were unable to fix it also. They are apparently speaking to the rep today.

So far not impressed. £320 for an amp that's been used four times. Let's see what happens!

Well, the shop rang me yesterday and told me that the amp will be collected by Yamaha and a new one will be coming out to me.

Speedy service from the shop, and I can't complain about that, but will I have to update the firmware again and face the same issues?

So Yamahe have still left the amp in the shop without any attempt to collect it, they won't send another one out until the last one has been collected. The shop now has my money and my amp and no rush to send me my replacement! I think I might go and get a refund and hunt for a new amp!

Very disappointed!

I took mine for the first time out ever to a gig yesterday and it simply won't turn on at all. Back to the dim lights. And I tried 4 power sockets and 3 different plug cables.

Hands down the worst product I've ever bought. How it can be made by the same people who made the pod and Helix which have never given me any problems. I'll be taking it back yet again to the store I bought it from and demanding it be replaced or repaired for free via Yamaha.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have the same problem. After playing at home for a hour or maybe more the amplifier stopped playing and started with blinking the four tone leds. I turned the power of for a while but the four leds started blinking again when I turned the power on a bluetooth connection was stil available but the amplifier didn’t work. A factory reset didn’t work as well. I tried a firmware update and even a firmware downgrade with the Bluetooth connection and the usb cable but there was no difference. The strange thing was that an update with the 2.60 firmware resultated in a 2.51 firmware installation afterwards. It Sems that there is an internal software failure. I tried the factory reset and the update procedure with tone tab and master volume. Does anywone have an advise for me?

Pues yo aburrido del problema , he logrado estabilizarlo en parte, instalándole la versión anterior a esta última, y de momento va bien, aunque sigue de vez en cuando fallando al arrancarlo, pero es muy curioso la solución que he determinado por hacer:

1- cuando arranco el amplifi 150 y se queda en modo de actualización con Las cuatro Luces parpadeando a la vez.

2- Lo vuelvo a la “vida†insertándole la punta de la clavija JACK, en la parte trasera del amplifi, concretamente en la entrada RJ45 provocándole como una especie de cortocircuito, donde se apaga completamente el solo.

3- Lo vuelvo a encender y perfecto..!!!

No se si será lo más recomendable para la placa electrónica , pero digamos que es un arranque de emergencia, jejeje...!!!

Lo que sí es vergonzoso que Line6 no haya puesto a los usuario de todo el mundo una solución al respecto!!!

Saludos desde el Sur de España!!!

Well I bored of the problem, I have managed to stabilize it in part, installing the previous version to the latter, and for now it is fine, although it continues from time to time failing to start it, but it is very curious the solution that I have determined to do:

1- when the amp 150 starts up and stays in update mode with the four lights flashing at the same time.

2- I return it to "life" inserting the tip of the JACK plug, on the back of the amplifi, specifically in the RJ45 input causing it as a kind of short circuit, where the solo is completely turned off.

3- I turn it on again and perfect .. !!!

I do not know if it will be the most recommended for the electronic board, but let's say it's an emergency start, hehehe ... !!!

What is shameful that Line6 has not put the user of the whole world a solution about it!

Greetings from the South of Spain!!!

Traducido...

Well I bored of the problem, I have managed to stabilize it in part, installing the previous version to the latter, and for now it is fine, although it continues from time to time failing to start it, but it is very curious the solution that I have determined to do:

1- when the amp 150 starts up and stays in update mode with the four lights flashing at the same time.

2- I return it to "life" inserting the tip of the JACK plug, on the back of the amplifi, specifically in the RJ45 input causing it as a kind of short circuit, where the solo is completely turned off.

3- I turn it on again and perfect .. !!!

I do not know if it will be the most recommended for the electronic board, but let's say it's an emergency start, hehehe ... !!!

What is shameful that Line6 has not put the user of the whole world a solution about it!

Greetings from the South of Spain!!!