Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is the FBV 3 compatible with Amplifi 30

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it is 100% compatible. 

BUT the only difference is that the Foot-switches for the effects will ignite red instead of their color (like when used with the Firehawk 1500). Otherwise all functionality is identical. 

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey ... I'm new to Line 6 ... just bought a Spider IV 75W and the FBV 3 Pedal.  The pedal is very slow to respond to changes in the channel when stepping on the button.  I'm far from an expert in this stuff, but I know somethings not right.  If I select a different channel on the amp (manually), the FBV 3 updates to the new channel instantly ... but very intermittent and inconsistent in the opposite direction ... almost like when an old computer runs really slowly.

Additionally the volume/wah pedal is hit or miss (I assume it's connected to the issue described above)

I love amp and my intent isn't to dog the pedal ... just to find out what I need to do to fix it ... or if it's user error.  A manual would be a big help.  Looking forward to some help on this ... thanks

• Upvote 1

Hmmm... regarding the "100% compatible" posts I have read on this forum with regard to "multi-color effect buttons," I felt compelled to provide an example statement, that I believe is more illustrative of honesty in action...

"The Line 6 FBV can be used as a pedal controller with the Line 6 Amplify 30, 75, 150, and TT products.  However the button LEDs will illuminate red only, and the multi-color illumination based on effect type is NOT supported."

You will NOT find any statement like THAT on the box, helping you to make an informed purchase.

When phrases like "100% compatible," are used in a description, it sort of (i.e. totally) implies that the are no listed features that don't work.  And don't try to append any "ifs, ands, or buts" to the claim.  100% means exactly that... 100%.  All.  Every feature, on every listed compatible device works.  And this feature is listed on the box, and my Line 6 AmpliFi 75 is listed on the box.

I apologize for my tone here (yeah, that's a joke), but the two major features I wanted when I clicked the "BUY NOW" button, were the "multi-color effect buttons" and the "single cable to/from the ampifier" features.  And, indeed, there is just a single cable required from/to the amplifier!  (So, I guess I got 100% of features I wanted... but not the multi-color effects buttons.)

**Frown and big sigh**...

Now, what would be really outstanding is if Line 6 could state whether or not THIS particular feature is even possible to deliver with just a "firmware" update to our existing hardware platforms.  And additionally, if the answer is "Yes, it is technically possible," then any information regarding whether the Product Line Development folks have plans to implement it.

And, "No," I am not going to repost all of this at some other "idea" website or forum as I've spent way too much time trying to keep this post polite and accurate.  It's your company, not mine.  I've given my honest and constructive input right here, do with it as you will.

• Upvote 2

"The Line 6 FBV can be used as a pedal controller with the Line 6 Amplify 30, 75, 150, and TT products.  However the button LEDs will illuminate red only, and the multi-color illumination based on effect type is NOT supported."

You might add: On Pod HD products, no illumination is provided at all and you have to guess whether the effects are on or off

• Upvote 1

Totally unacceptable IMO!

Glad I passed now, was ready to fire my order off until I read about the light's situation.

Now bought the plain and simple mkii express pedal for now.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

YES, TOO BAD CAN SEE THE DIFERENT COLORS.

ONE OF THE MOST REASONS TO GET THE FBV3 WAS THAT, THE LOOK OF THE COLORS.

ITS A SHAME... I LIKE LINE6 PRODUCTS BUT THE SUPOORT AND GENERAL  INSTRUCTIONS ARE SO FAR TO BE USEFULL.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1