Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Power Speakers in Stereo vs the FH1500

adagosto

Ok. here's the deal. I love what the FH1500 can do, but I don't really like the price tag too much. So I'm looking for alternatives to the FH1500. Many people seem happy with the results from powered speakers that are popular with DJ's.

So, if you happen to have a Firehawk FX pedal and wanted to power amp it, what would sound better, the Firehawk FX pedal plugged into two really good quality PA speakers in stereo OR the Firehawk 1500?

I'm speaking in general terms for the moment. I'm thinking any of the good quality Mackie, JBL, QSC or others in a 12" design. How would that do in stereo vs the 1500?

I personally am looking for the best way to make the digital sound of the Firehawk or Amplifi sound more lively and give it more texture and not sound so flat. I think that comes from the stereo effect.

Thanks for your thoughts.

• Upvote 1

I use a stagesource lt3 with my firehawk and it sounds brilliant, I imagine 2 of them in stereo would sound even better but then I'd have spent over £1000 just on speakers which is considerably more than the firehawk 1500

Alto speakers are OK but even those are £500 for 2

The Atomic CLR is comparable sound wise to the Firehawk 1500, without all the wonderful tones included like the amp has. CLRs were $995 ea. last I looked. The Qsc K12 was too muddy for me. Be careful about whats popular with Djs, PA versus a guitar amp tone wise. There's a world of difference tone wise, and regret if you choose wrong. You see that's where the FH 1500 shines, it a good FRFR speaker system as well as a good sounding amp on its own. Best of both worlds. So much so, I'm gonna run Helix and a Kemper thru mine.

• Upvote 1

So, if you happen to have a Firehawk FX pedal and wanted to power amp it, what would sound better, the Firehawk FX pedal plugged into two really good quality PA speakers in stereo OR the Firehawk 1500?

Interesting idea; if you already have the Firehawk FX pedal, and you also use the modeling on the FH1500, you could have a dual rig in one kind of thing, if you added the soon-to-be-available FBV3  - the foot controller for the FH1500. Side by side FBV3 controller and Firehawk FX pedal.

I am guessing you can make some kind of patch on the Firehawk FX that would send a dry copy of your guitar to the guitar on the FH1500 - it has an fx loop that can be toggled between instrument and line level (you would want instrument level for the guitar input on the FH1500).

Then you just run the Firehawk FX XLR or 1/4" outputs, in stereo, to the monitor inputs of the FH1500, and balance the levels. Be a pretty sweet way to get some cosmic delay and reverb spillover, as you morph from a patch on one Firehawk to the other Firehawk. Biggest issue I can see is needing two Bluetooth phones/tablets, etc if you want to be able to control both units with the app at the same time. I would imagine that would work, not sure if Bluetooth connections like that have a proximity interference with each other though..

I just ordered a 2nd Alto TS110A to go with my rig.  I really love the tones I'm getting and can't wait to set up a wet/dry/wet stereo rig with my DT25 and two Altos.  I haven't completely ruled out a Firehawk 1500 but I'm really enjoying the Altos and I'm only in for $500 as of now.  If I end up switching, I can always use the PA speakers for other duties.

• Upvote 1

I just ordered a 2nd Alto TS110A to go with my rig.  I really love the tones I'm getting and can't wait to set up a wet/dry/wet stereo rig with my DT25 and two Altos.  I haven't completely ruled out a Firehawk 1500 but I'm really enjoying the Altos and I'm only in for $500 as of now.  If I end up switching, I can always use the PA speakers for other duties.

you're gonna love that setup with the wet/dry/wet... absolute killer...

• Upvote 1