Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix For Bass

roscoe5

I had my Helix out on it's first ever gig on Saturday, playing bass as that just happened to be the first show that came up since I got it.

Was great. Sounded ace. We had a bunch of covers in the set (it was a party) and I had all the right sounds for each track. Was ideal.

• 7 months later...

I bought the Helix LT, hoping it would be good for Bass ( a bit of a gamble, I admit) - I am not disappointed ! - it is fantastic. Accidentally discovered the 'Woody Blue' Amp model, which is apparently modelled on the Acoustic 360 (famously used by Jaco Pastorius & Flea).

I now have 2 paths one with the SVT Nrm, one with Valve Driver distortion & Woody Blue Amp+Cab - absolutely amazing sound! 

• 1 month later...

I did get a couple of good bass patches set up for a couple of Muse tunes we do, Hysteria and Time Is Running Out.

Would you share how you set up your Hysteria patch? I have no idea where I can start with that one but I would like to learn.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2016 at 11:48 AM, fretmeister said:

I would love to see models of the Darkglass bass pedals coming.

It has the BK-7 (obsidisan 7000) which works fantastic for bass. I would like to see the Alpha Omega and Vintage Microtubes as well.

But if you dial them in the Minotaur sounds great as does the Clawthorn if you like a fat fuzzy distortion. Lots of great bass tones.

also the Woody Blue amp model is very good for a platform to start with.