Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi utility?

kster68

So i can get my tablet to connect to the amp, but need to perform a firmware update via 'amplifi utility'. Could anyone point out how i'm supposed to find this elusive piece of software. ive registered the amp,. can find amplify 75, but for all my efforts i cant find a piece of software called amplifi utility

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i've registered tthe amp and the floorboard, managed to get songs bluetoothing, but the line 6 updater doesnt show any devices for me to update. bit gutted if ive just paid 300 notes for a bluetooth speaker.  where is this mystery amplifi utuility hidden?

No offence, but that is where i had assumed it would be, yet for the life of me i can't find the utility there.  line 6 updater isn't showing the items i've registered. I'm running a fast tablet, a galaxy S2, TThe app can connect as a bluetooth music player from it, yet evrything else is not there. i can selct the amp in select device, yet when i try device flash it says nothing there. the latest line6 updater doesnt list the fbv express mkii either.

All my previous gear from line 6 has been so simple. and the answer is not go buy an i pad, as that turns a 300 quid set up to a 700 set up, Can anyone else see the amplifi utility? I can't

• Upvote 1

No offence, but that is where i had assumed it would be, yet for the life of me i can't find the utility there. ....

I see it there. Again, in the Software field, not the Products field. It appears as the first entry in the drop down list.

Oops.... My apologies. Apparently it's not visible in the public listing. As a Line 6 Expert I have access to some items that are not publicly available. When I logged out I could no longer see it.

Have you installed the AMPLIFi driver on your computer? This driver does appear in th Software downloads section. With that, and the AMPLIFi device connected via USB, Line 6 Updater should see it.

so as such i am unable to move over to android? The latest monkey doesn't support amplifi or fb mk 11, and the updater is just a black screen saying pick a device, despite me regisdtering 2 devices..any chance that such an important piece of software be made available again?

still dont have the amplifi utility, but update has seen it and ive applied the 2.52 update. Appears to have done the job, as i just played over the hills by zeppelin with a 12 string setting that was nice. had a few problems with it dropping connection at first, but after severasl turning offs of app and amp, and removal of the usb lead i think mwe're there. Thanks for your patience mate, i know i; aint the easiest person to deal with, being bipolar. it was getting to the point where if it had an engine and a steering wheel , i'd have driven it into a swimming pool, if i had one of them too lol.

seriously, thanks mate. the tuners lit up and the volume. they weren't before. i'lll tackle the board tomorrow lol, enough stress for one day

• 8 months later...

why is this such a hassle ? EWWww...the mysterious utility isnt impressing me..some otherf uninformed soul on  craigs list can find this notsofirmware crap..cuz ill be walking out the door of g center.the..with a boss me 80... i havet played in a week cuz i choose to buy this peice of crap.....why would i buy any more crap...line 5 aint keeping me from playing into a new year

lollipop THIS NOISE

• 2 months later...

@Silverhead thanks for anwsers, they helped me to make one step forward. There is no useful information about whole process anywhere else. 

So, I've got drivers, got Line 6 Updater. I turn my amplify into update mode by turning it on while keeping A and C Buttons. I proceed my update and after a while all A-D buttons red-highlighted. In Line 6 Updater I get "An error has occured. Please try again" and: 

1. Turn off AMPLIFi FX100.

2. While pressing and holding both the Tone Button and Tap Button, switch the power back on

If speakers or headphones are connected, You will hear a quiet beep.

3. Click 'Next' to proceed with the update.

What is "Tone Button"...? I googled point 2. and found two Korean websites. For now I've lost four hours and I still don't have working stuff, there's no complete tutorial or guide, whithout @Silverhead help I wouldn't do a step forward. It's really annoying :( I'll have to think twice before buying anything else from Line6. 

So, I managed. I don't know really how, it was combination of reseting banks (Tab Button +  Master Volume knob while launching on [yeah, what's the difference between "Master Volume knob" and "Tone Button", Line6, thanks...) and setting Amplifi into update mode and after an hour it worked well. 

After all - next time before I'll buy anything made by Line6 I'll check users opinions very carefully. 

• 1 month later...

The AMPLIFi app for mobile devices is available in the App Store for iOS devices. Search under Line 6. Not sure about the android compatible app, but same principle -get it wherever you usually find android apps.

where the herll is the utility program for amplifi.  just bought this damn thing and cant get to work.  VERY frustrating

What is the issue? I bought my amplifi and unboxed it, updated it and was jamming in honestly 9 mins. It's pretty simple. As you read on here, firmware updates seem to go better when done with a laptop and the Line 6 updater software, vs. over bluetooth with the companion iOS or android app.

• 3 months later...

For those having trouble locating the Amplifi Utility, it has been renamed to 'Line 6 Updater.' Very frustrating, i know, as all the videos still say you need the Utility.

Also if installing on a windows pc, you need to download the Driver as well.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/4/2017 at 3:25 PM, xmacvicar said:

What is the issue? I bought my amplifi and unboxed it, updated it and was jamming in honestly 9 mins. It's pretty simple. As you read on here, firmware updates seem to go better when done with a laptop and the Line 6 updater software, vs. over bluetooth with the companion iOS or android app.

Right, Mate. As for Android, I die the Update via my iPhone. Then just switched to Android, here I am :-)

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I have also tried to update my firmware but no success as for now. I have line6 updater and the driver when I plug in USB the updater can see my amp, I do put my amp into update mode and I do get the click sound and all the lights go off (apart of tone light). It starts the update but ends with error everytime....whats going on???

This isn't a fluke -- it happens regularly. Firmware updates on these things is a very risky proposition, even if your are very computer literate. The forum is filled with complaints just like yours. I strongly suggest that you call Line 6 after the holidays and ask to speak to a tech about this. You probably won't get an answer from them on the forum, which is mostly peer support. 

They will tell you: 'Try a different USB port. If you're using a desktop, connect the cable to a USB port on the back. (It's connected directly to the mobo...)  Do not connect to a USB hub. Try a different USB cable. Try another computer."

And even if you do it with the tech on the line monitoring your progress, it can still fail, requiring you to send it to Line 6 for repair. If yours is a recent purchase, take it back to the store where you got it. If still under warranty, but not returnable, hold Line 6's feet to the fire.  

FYI, I have 3 Amplifi devices: FX100, Amplifi 30 and Amplifi 150. I had no problem updating the FX100 and the 30. The 150 failed and I had to spend over $100 to send it in to have it fixed 'for free.' When I got it back, they didn't even send a report about what work had been done. I had to ask. They said 'updated firmware.' Well, duh! What do you think I was trying to do, with the guidance of a tech on the phone, with my different USB ports, cables and 4 different computers? 

In case you haven't noticed, support for the Ampifi series is all-but dead. They haven't announced that it's officially considered 'abandon-ware', but there have been no updates or bug fixes for a very long time. If they still sell these things new, it's probably because they have a lot of new-old-stock to get rid of. I'd be very surprised to learn that they're still being manufactured.

I've ordered a  product from another manufacturer, who has come out with an amp very similar to the Amplifi series. The difference is, this one will be on the front end of its life cycle, instead of a dead-end, poorly-supported piece of tech from Line 6.