sinistralx

Excellent (dream) Rig GIG

had a great gig last week..  used Helix for my Guitar and Bass and had E-drums (connect to Superior Drummer)  all running through 1 L3T and the sound was Killer!

Seriously light rig with plenty of power!

• Upvote 1

had a great gig last week.. used Helix for my Guitar and Bass and had E-drums (connect to Superior Drummer) all running through 1 L3T and the sound was Killer!

Seriously light rig with plenty of power!

Was it a 1 man show with backing tracks? My wife and I are going to try that. I have Superior Drummer as well and an Alesis DM kit to lay down drums.

What are you using to playback backing tracks? Are you using Helix to start/stop?

we were playing as a three piece with a drummer and bassist. Drummer had Macbook with SD2 running and running straight into the stereo RCA's on the L3t. If i was using trax i would use ipad or phone into the RCA's using an app like Bandhelper and something like the IK Multimedia Blueboard to switch tracks and start/stop.

I am not sure if Helix will send midi over usb for ipad. If it does you can get a usb to lightning adapter and start/stop tracks as well as run tracks through the Helix.

Wow, you guys are hi-tec musicians for sure!  I'd love to see that.  Any vids?

Wow, you guys are hi-tec musicians for sure!  I'd love to see that.  Any vids?

LOL! not at all, its simple enough. I generally have no one to take vids while I am playing, maybe one day the missus will tag along and shoot some. maybe...... one day.......

Ha, i hear ya.

...and maybe one day my MRS (a vocal performance major) will come to a show and not criticize my harmonies.