Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

AMPLIFI TT POWERED SPEAKER CHOICE?

xj750guy

Hey everyone,

I have been using my Amplifi TT through a good quality home stereo, and also (primarily) headphones, practicing at home, with great results.

I usually take the TT with me to our "jamspace", and have been plugging into a Peavey Bandit with great results, utilizing the amp purely for volume/power, through a "clean" input.

This amp may not be available for me much longer, and I have been looking at various options for playing with the band.  As I am happy with the tones available from the TT, would it be a good solution to pickup a powered speaker (similar to a Thump12 Mackie or other), and leave it at the jam space?

It seems silly to pay for an amp with processing, when all i need is the volume, but I am curious if anyone has tried it, and how the results have been?

Any suggestions for brand/models (preferably around $400)?

Regards

Darryl

A lot of people report having great success with the Fender Mustang IV v. 2. They use it as an FRFR speaker by plugging into the power amp Jack and not using the pre amp or digital modeling that comes with it. There may begetter solutions like the Mackie or Line 6 LT3 but that Mustang can be obtained new for $400-500! Just sayin'

Jim

Hi Guys, I am using Amplifi FX100. I would like to hear from you specially from LINE6 support, What is your recommended amplifier for Amplifi FX100. I would like to utilize the left and right ports. Thanks a lot!

You may want to check out the Firehawk FX forum. There are many recommendations about output options people have had success with.

Jim

I have an AMPLIFi FX100 I run into my Bose L1 Model II system, works and sounds great. 

If I didn't have the Bose and I was looking for a powered speaker today, I'd get a pair of Line 6 StageSource L2M.  Worth a look IMO

• Upvote 1

I have an AMPLIFi FX100 I run into my Bose L1 Model II system, works and sounds great.

If I didn't have the Bose and I was looking for a powered speaker today, I'd get a pair of Line 6 StageSource L2M. Worth a look IMO

Wow!! If you can afford the Bose than I'm very surprised you're not using a Helix instead of the Amplifi system!! Just sayin'

Jim

Wow!! If you can afford the Bose than I'm very surprised you're not using a Helix instead of the Amplifi system!! Just sayin'

Jim

I've standardized on another brand's modelers (I have a few, that collectively cost about the same as a Helix).  I dig the sounds, ease of use, mobile app and Bluetooth speaker of the AMPLIFi.  Price, value, sound, works great for me.

I'm interested in a Helix derivative, as it currently has more routing options than I need...but it's at the top of my GAS list. If I could sell gear I'm not using for a reasonable price, I'd get a Helix...I just have too much gear.

I'm interested in a Helix derivative, as it currently has more routing options than I need...but it's at the top of my GAS list. If I could sell gear I'm not using for a reasonable price, I'd get a Helix...I just have too much gear.

What about the Amplifi's big brother the Firehawk FX or Firehawk 1500? I had the FH FX for a while before selling it because it would not work with a standard Fender amp as an output device. I would have needed a StageSource or other FRFR type of powered system to get it to work. Really the same issues occur with pod 500, Helix etc. then they came out a month later with the FH 1500! Oh well!

I'm interested in a nice quality DAW stereo speaker system I could plug into a computer, play music or to use with the Amplifi. Are you selling anything like that?

Jim

I purchased my FX100 a day or 2 before the FirehawkFX was announced.  I went in a different product direction, and it's working well.  The recent price drop on the 150 and 15% discount made this easy, since I dig the FX100, and I've been looking for a larger Bluetooth speaker.  For what they are (older modeling technology, modern mobile app), the AMPLIFi is exactly what I want.  In the mid-tier space (PODHD, Firehawk), I have my other brand of modeling gear. I don't have a high end modeler, and the Helix is at the top of my GAS list..

For DAW monitors, I have a pair of KRK Rokit 5, the ugly gold ones that went on sale a few years ago since they were ugly ;) 

I'm not selling any monitors, I have a Vox tube amp, a few TC Electronic processors, and a few pedals. These would more than cover the cost of the Helix.