Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp Model Knob Being Controlled By Bass And Drive - Spider Valve Mkiihd

BulletsForBill75

As the title says, when I select an amp model and then begin to either change the drive or bass settings, the setting I put seems to be affecting the amp model selector - ie if I choose the 'metal' channel and start turning the gain to 9 o clock, 'Class A' is being selected on the amp models.

This hasn't happened before, and it's incredibly annoying. Is there a way for this to be fixed?

• 2 months later...

Dude... I am having the exact same problem. I don't want the amp to do my modeling for me. I picked it because it offers great responsiveness and volume in a nice, compact 1 x 12 cab. I have been using a patch called 01 Like Buttah. It has exactly the sound atttributes I need it to have. I was able to read from the LCD screen the positions drive, bass, mid, treb, vol, and reverb should be in. If I pick an unused patch, I can set the amp model to clean. This particular patch requires I have the bass turned all the way up. No way will the amp let me do that without changing the model. Likewise, the drive has to be set at about 9:00, the channel volume at about 10:00, treb at 1:30 or so, and mid at noon. I use an effects pedal for all my effeccts work. All I want to be able to do is set the model to the amber clean and set anything else on there to anything I want WITHOUT the amp model changing. How does one accomplish this? I've read and re-read the manuals and have spent like hours working on this. The reason I need to know is because I want to create such a patch on my old Spider Valve 112; I hadn't learned as much as I have now so I'll have at that again, too, but I suspect I will run into the same problem.

• 2 months later...

Try reinstaling the firmware. First you could instal a previos firmware through monkey, then test the behavior of the amp, if everything work properly then reinstal the last firmware and again test how the bass and drive knobs behave. I hope this can help, good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have a friend that is having this identical problem. We have installed Flash Memory versions 1.17, 1.50, and 2.00. Each time we performed a factory reset and the problem persists.  It does not happen when we control the amp from Spider Valve Edit. This tells me that it must be a software issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the same amp and he loves mine. This is the reason he purchased this one. He is days away from trashing it and getting a Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister.  Let's keep from losing another Line 6 customer. Help us!!

• 2 months later...

Guess what? It's not limited to the valve line. My IV-120 goes all kinds of stupid when I plug in headphones. It becomes unuseable. Here's the scary part. It's done the same full retard thing twice without headphones. I'm concerned it will stay in full retard mode one day.

This is purely a software issue, it has nothing to do with hardware so it should be 100% fixable.

So where's our 2.01 firmware? (in my case)

Ps> there's no way I'm letting newer firmware anywhere near my spider valve 212 which right now works perfectly

• 5 months later...

So a year and a half later... And the problem is still there! Haven't worked out a solution. Noticed it happens less or not at all when I'm using High Gain amber or lower, which is annoying because I want to start using Metal amber a little more, but with the gain and bass at 12 o clock! Not possible thanks to this bug. Really frustrating. And odd how no-one from Line 6 or anyone who knows a fair bit about the amp has a solution. A real shame as it makes me want to stop using this amp!

• 5 months later...