Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

AT4 IR Fender Twin Alnico SM57 & Bottle Mic Posted

roscoe5

I posted a new IR per a member request for a good clean Strat sound.

Immediately I think Fender Twin.

I setup a Helix preset and loaded the stock US Double Norm (Fender Twin) amp block and separate US Double C12N cab block.

I then copied the preset, deleted the cab, and changed the output to USB 5/6, opened AT4 and setup its Fender Twin Model, turned off the AT4 amp, then tweaked the speakers and mics to what I liked.

Processed the AT4 cab model per my post http://line6.com/support/topic/19604-irs-from-amplitube-4-cab-room/

Copied the Helix preset again and put in the new AT4 IR block, then I ABC'd the presets.

Again, the resulting IR directly in Helix is slightly different than Helix Amp into AT4 cab plug in. I actually think it sounds more open than the AT4 plug in and less nasally than the Helix cab (sorry to use that term again L6, i'll try to find a better one).

I'm also noticing that 1024 sample settings on the IR's are a bit more mid-rangy than the 2048 sample setting. Setting them to 2048 samples is almost like throwing a deep switch on an amp.

Fender Twin Cab IR

4/6/2016

Cab: Fender Twin

Speaker: American Alnico x2

Left Mic: Dynamic 57

Right Mic: Bottle 563

Room Mics: Condenser 87

Helix presets: Fender Twin IR 1024.hlx & Fender Twin IR 1024.hlx with IR in Impulse slot 27

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/009bkqzooza1aop/AADER2D9wah_GtlL5ygW7-fCa/IR/Fender%20Twin%20AmAln%20SM57%20Bottle?dl=0

I posted a pic of the AT4 screenshot of the cab setup this time and a readme.

I also posted the Helix stock preset I compared it to.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I posted a new IR per a member request for a good clean Strat sound.

Immediately I think Fender Twin.

I setup a Helix preset and loaded the stock US Double Norm (Fender Twin) amp block and separate US Double C12N cab block.

I then copied the preset, deleted the cab, and changed the output to USB 5/6, opened AT4 and setup its Fender Twin Model, turned off the AT4 amp, then tweaked the speakers and mics to what I liked.

Processed the AT4 cab model per my post http://line6.com/support/topic/19604-irs-from-amplitube-4-cab-room/

Copied the Helix preset again and put in the new AT4 IR block, then I ABC'd the presets.

Again, the resulting IR directly in Helix is slightly different than Helix Amp into AT4 cab plug in. I actually think it sounds more open than the AT4 plug in and less nasally than the Helix cab (sorry to use that term again L6, i'll try to find a better one).

I'm also noticing that 1024 sample settings on the IR's are a bit more mid-rangy than the 2048 sample setting. Setting them to 2048 samples is almost like throwing a deep switch on an amp.

Fender Twin Cab IR

4/6/2016

Cab: Fender Twin

Speaker: American Alnico x2

Left Mic: Dynamic 57

Right Mic: Bottle 563

Room Mics: Condenser 87

Helix presets: Fender Twin IR 1024.hlx & Fender Twin IR 1024.hlx with IR in Impulse slot 27

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/009bkqzooza1aop/AADER2D9wah_GtlL5ygW7-fCa/IR/Fender%20Twin%20AmAln%20SM57%20Bottle?dl=0

I posted a pic of the AT4 screenshot of the cab setup this time and a readme.

I also posted the Helix stock preset I compared it to.

Hi,

This link is dead.

The longer the IR, the more frequency resolution it contains. 1024 points is around 20ms/50Hz, and 2048 points is around 40ms/25Hz. So the accuracy of the IR at lower frequencies is much better with the longer IR, and therefore the filter parameters are inherently better controlled.

The method of truncating the IR can affect the way it rolls off, and therefore can also have an effect on the low frequency response of the filter.