Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Accessing Cloud

Bradburn1

Thanks to Gear Head for the reply to my query.

Once again this re-inforces my complaint regarding the lack of information and examples shown in the Pilots Guide for my Firehawk amp.

I'm impressed with the amp totally unimpressed with the back-up supplied by Line 6.

As a customer who has spent a considerable amount of my hard-earned cash on their products I do not think it is expecting too much to have information about every aspect of it either in the book or on-line. If they don't want to go to the expense or trouble of including it in the Pilots Guide then at least put it all on-line so we can print it out if required.

I've already sent queries to the Tech at Line 6 Europe 4 times asking for help and posted 3 queries on the forum and I've only had it about a month!. Had all the information been in the Pilots Guide or avaialable on-line both I and Line 6 Tec would have saved a great  deal of time and effort.

Derek B

Pages 8 and 9 of the Pilot's Guide seem to describe this quite clearly as far as I can see. The Remote App section begins on Page 8. There it shows the Menu/Back button labeled A and describes how to access the Main Menu in the app, and page 9 describes the Main Menu items including the Cloud Search icon.

Thanks for the replies to my query.

I will however take issue with Uber Guru who refers to pages 8 and 9 of the user guide. My Pilots Guide does not have any page numbering at all so I suppose we have to count frfom the beginning do we ?. Secondly as usual I think the page he refers to headed Firehawk Remote Mobile Application, does not in any shape or form explain how to access the Cloud and haviong done that load your selected tones,  it simply says in A. Menu/Back Button- Tap to reveal the slide out Main Menu . The next section in the book shows the Cloud Search and just tells you to search for tones from the ever growing Line 6 cloud. Again there is no mention of exactly how you access these to get them into your amp. I am not a Line 6 expert and am new to using a tablet or android/IPhone for editing etc, perhaps you are an expert or fully conversant with Line 6 products and these instructions are adequate but for me they are not., To go even further, I tried accessing the looper function but was unable to do it, looking on the forum it seems that the only way to do that is by using a foot controller ie. the FBV3. No where can I find any mention of this in the Pilots Guide !. Line 6 also got the Factory Reset instructions wrong !. Do I need to go on ?.

When I buy a product and spend alt of money on it I expect there to be adequate instructions so that everyone no matter what skill or knowledge level they have is catered for. The Pilots Guide for the Firehawk 1500 does not fit that criteria. I am fortunate to have a very good Yamaha arranger keyboard, the book of instructions that came with that covers everything and is exactly what customers want. LIne 6 is now owned by Yamaha why can't they do the same ?.

Derek B

Bluetooth isn't for everyone, maybe a normal Fender might be better? I had no issues but then I'm somewhat computer literate. Better than some, worse than others but really, it isn't that hard. If you had spent half the time fiddling with the iPad editor versus typing your frustrations you probably would have it down by now. ; ) The amp is worth the effort, and the cloud is full of usable good tones for the taking! Keep trying, I bet within a week you will be a pro at it.