Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

order of firmware updates

jonzackham

I Think(ha!) my firmware version of Helix was 1.04(purchased 3/31/2016). When running the line 6 updater, it had firmware update recommendations all the way back to firmware 1.012, which was recommended and I started installing. Is this going "backwards" ? should I have started with the one after 1.04? and where should I proceed after the 1.012 firmware update is finished(if it ever does, it seems to freeze  occasionally, and I re-booted it one time then  it zipped through a few preset rebuilds and then seems to freeze again). Frustrated, how should I proceed, thanks, 

Since you can't get it to install have you tried rebooting while holding down the appropriate foot switches to reset it to factory state? Do that or keep trying to get your "update" to finish and go from there. I have not heard that it is necessary to go through all the updates in order to get to the latest one.  Get Helix working again and then install the latest update.   For sure you didn't have to go backwards before going forward.  I don't know the effect of installing an earlier version but imagine it just makes your update a longer process for no real reason.