Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELIX NOT CONNECTING TO COMPUTER

ddufour

I just received my Helix yesterday. This morning I downloaded the Line 6 Monkey,

which also downloaded the Line 6 Updater. With the Helix plugged to the computer

using the USB, and starting the Line 6 Monkey, the device select does not include

Helix. I also tried to update the latest driver and it said the file was corrupt.

Also downloaded the new editing software and it says nothing is connected.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Dan

If you're using a PC, you also have to install the driver first. You mentioned you got a warning that the file was corrupt. Did that say something about a "certificate error" or something like that? You can override that and install the driver anyway, if that's the case.

I got the driver to download but the Line6 updater says I am in

offline mode. Editing software says firmware out of date.

1.10 or later required.

I would suggest the following:

1. Back up any presets you want to save. 
  2. Go to the Helix download page, select your OS version, check the "Beta" checkbox on the right side of the screen and hit "Go". Download the 1.11.1 version of the beta Helix App. Install it, this will automatically install the latest version of the driver, Helix Editor, and Line6 Updater.
  3. Now run the Line 6 Updater(version 1.8), choose the latest version of the firmware(1.10.0) and do the update. This should get you to the latest version of the firmware and hopefully you won't see the message you were getting previously any more  about "1.10 or later required".

• 11 months later...

The latest Line 6 updater (1.10)has been installed but when connecting the Helix,my computer (Windows 7) does not recognize it.

Where can I get the necessary driver Please help.

You can get the driver, as well as any other software from http://line6.com/software/.  Using the three drop-down menus near the top, select Helix - Drivers - Windows 7 and then click Go.

The latest Line 6 updater (1.10)has been installed but when connecting the Helix,my computer (Windows 7) does not recognize it.

Someone else on here discovered that disabling the Realtek audio driver makes it work. Mine would connect but would go "offline" after about 5 minutes, disabled Realtek, everything is fine and stable. May be worth a shot for you.

• 1 year later...

I got to the bottom of this issue of the Helix "not being connected". I tried a mixture of my PC and several laptops. But on my PC I kept getting either no connection or a brief connection that dropped out. Then I recalled the instructions about not using a USB hub.

On my PC there were USB connectors on the front of it and several on the back of the PC on the main card.

As soon as I plugged into any USB connector on the back, everything worked perfectly, every time.

So I reckon the USB connectors on the front of the PC were essentially acting as an extension USB "hub".

On 3/26/2017 at 3:20 PM, mwend said:

The best way to make sure you have the proper driver installed is to download the Helix Editor package that matches your firmware and install that. It will automatically unpack the Editor, Updater, and driver that matches your firmware. Downloading the driver separately is often a recipe, particularly over the course of ongoing updates, to end up with a mismatched driver. It doesn't hurt to uninstall your current driver first either. As others have pointed out try all of your available USB ports and try to eliminate possible conflicting drivers or devices.