Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No sound when helix is pluged in to computer through USB Win 10

Aceaj78

Not being smart but i for the life of me cant figure out why anyone would use anything else other than windows 7 for audio? It is far and away the best platform. Why people would go and change is beyond me.

Anyway youre going to want to make sure you have the helix driver selected in your daw, then all of your daw connections routed properly (cant help you there) and your helix output block set to multi.

If youve done that then youre probably overlooking something in your daw virtual connections.

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread, I know, but maybe this will help someone.  The issue described here happened to me after updating to 2.30.  I had been setup as stated above for a while (Helix as the output / sound card for a Windows laptop) and working fine. The only variation in my case, is that the Helix is attached to a JamHub headphone monitor system, via the 1/4" outputs. So I'm not listening via the headphone jack on the Helix.

Regardless, the problem was similar. I could hear myself playing, I just couldn't hear any sound from the laptop coming thorugh the Helix.

Everything looked good in Windows, to me, I could even see the level indicator bouncing up and down when playing a Youtube video, but had no sound in my headphones. In Windows, I switched the default output to the internal speakers on my laptop, and I could hear everything fine. The output block in every patch I tried was set to Multi.

The fix:
Hamburger menu > Global Settings > USB 1/2 Destination

For whatever reason, this was set to XLR after the upgrade. I changed it to Multi.

I've got sound again.

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...

I also have no audio on notebook speakers via usb when working in HX Edit? I would like to check out the presets on my notebook so I plugged in my guitar on helix guitar jack and expect that the signal walks through via usb. I have updated to 3.11?
The multi output (USB 1/2 included) is displayed on the preset.

2 hours ago, larche said:

I also have no audio on notebook speakers via usb when working in HX Edit? I would like to check out the presets on my notebook so I plugged in my guitar on helix guitar jack and expect that the signal walks through via usb. I have updated to 3.11?
The multi output (USB 1/2 included) is displayed on the preset.

That’s not how it works. The Helix is an ASIO audio interface on Windows, so it serves as your input and output device. You need to have speakers or headphones hooked directly to the Helix to hear audio from it.

• Thanks 1