Sign in to follow this  
Aceaj78

No sound when helix is pluged in to computer through USB Win 10

I have the helix pluged into my computer and can control the presets but have no sound. My sound slider says Helix but nothing is coming out of my speakers. Is something set wrong?

Not being smart but i for the life of me cant figure out why anyone would use anything else other than windows 7 for audio? It is far and away the best platform. Why people would go and change is beyond me.

Anyway youre going to want to make sure you have the helix driver selected in your daw, then all of your daw connections routed properly (cant help you there) and your helix output block set to multi.

If youve done that then youre probably overlooking something in your daw virtual connections.

Make sure your speakers are connected to the Helix outputs. Your internal computer speakers are bypassed when the Helix device is connected. Helix becomes your computer's soundcard.

• Upvote 2

This is an old thread, I know, but maybe this will help someone.  The issue described here happened to me after updating to 2.30.  I had been setup as stated above for a while (Helix as the output / sound card for a Windows laptop) and working fine. The only variation in my case, is that the Helix is attached to a JamHub headphone monitor system, via the 1/4" outputs. So I'm not listening via the headphone jack on the Helix.

Regardless, the problem was similar. I could hear myself playing, I just couldn't hear any sound from the laptop coming thorugh the Helix.

Everything looked good in Windows, to me, I could even see the level indicator bouncing up and down when playing a Youtube video, but had no sound in my headphones. In Windows, I switched the default output to the internal speakers on my laptop, and I could hear everything fine. The output block in every patch I tried was set to Multi.

The fix:
Hamburger menu > Global Settings > USB 1/2 Destination

For whatever reason, this was set to XLR after the upgrade. I changed it to Multi.

I've got sound again.

• Upvote 1

That's apparently a thing with this upgrade, many people, maybe most, have seen it, me included. Luckily the fix is an easy one-time thing.

Yep, I had no sound through the USB last night. I changed that setting from 5??? to multi. Works fine now. Let's just be glad they got everything else right.