Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Aceaj78

No sound when helix is pluged in to computer through USB Win 10

Recommended Posts

I have the helix pluged into my computer and can control the presets but have no sound. My sound slider says Helix but nothing is coming out of my speakers. Is something set wrong?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not being smart but i for the life of me cant figure out why anyone would use anything else other than windows 7 for audio? It is far and away the best platform. Why people would go and change is beyond me.

 

Anyway youre going to want to make sure you have the helix driver selected in your daw, then all of your daw connections routed properly (cant help you there) and your helix output block set to multi.

 

If youve done that then youre probably overlooking something in your daw virtual connections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure your speakers are connected to the Helix outputs. Your internal computer speakers are bypassed when the Helix device is connected. Helix becomes your computer's soundcard.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an old thread, I know, but maybe this will help someone.  The issue described here happened to me after updating to 2.30.  I had been setup as stated above for a while (Helix as the output / sound card for a Windows laptop) and working fine. The only variation in my case, is that the Helix is attached to a JamHub headphone monitor system, via the 1/4" outputs. So I'm not listening via the headphone jack on the Helix.

Regardless, the problem was similar. I could hear myself playing, I just couldn't hear any sound from the laptop coming thorugh the Helix.

Everything looked good in Windows, to me, I could even see the level indicator bouncing up and down when playing a Youtube video, but had no sound in my headphones. In Windows, I switched the default output to the internal speakers on my laptop, and I could hear everything fine. The output block in every patch I tried was set to Multi.

The fix:
Hamburger menu > Global Settings > USB 1/2 Destination

For whatever reason, this was set to XLR after the upgrade. I changed it to Multi.

I've got sound again.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's apparently a thing with this upgrade, many people, maybe most, have seen it, me included. Luckily the fix is an easy one-time thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, I had no sound through the USB last night. I changed that setting from 5??? to multi. Works fine now. Let's just be glad they got everything else right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...