Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Windows 10 and GearBox

Raaen

Try changing your soundcard sample rate to: dvd quality ~ 16 bit and 48000 mhz. You may have to uninstall/reinstall the driver's too.

I don't have Win10 but it worked for some other peeps.

Just to be a squeaky wheel...Windows 10 support would be appreciated. Maybe my pod xts guitar & bass is too old and need to be ditched....hope not. Looking for other options....

What BillBee said. I'm still using my X3 Pro, just used it today. I have 2 PC's, 1 with Win 7 and one with Win 10. Both work fine for me. I don't use Gearbox much since I use the X3's interface to tune things in and record with RiffWorks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My problem with Windows 10 and Gearbox is not the sound quality (the sample rate changes quoted above and elsewhere work just fine). Gearbox allows me to change tones, select amps etc etc no problem. All the seemingly "hard" stuff works OK on Windows 10.

The only thing that doesn't work is the Player section. I can select an mp3 but it does nothing when I click the play button. Seems a pretty trivial anomaly to fix/work around compared to the rest of the things which *do* work on Win 10. Has anyone had (just) this issue and managed to get around it?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone! I have a UX2 and am trying to install gearbox but it says not compatible with my 64 bit. I've had it installed before. Any way around this or whats my options? 

same here; got computer updated to win10. now i can not install gearbox from the original CD, error not compatible with 64bit

Installed podfarm2 instead but that is giving licence issues, no podfarm to licence found.

help appreciated! how can i get gearbox to run again??

same here; got computer updated to win10. now i can not install gearbox from the original CD, error not compatible with 64bit

Installed podfarm2 instead but that is giving licence issues, no podfarm to licence found.

help appreciated! how can i get gearbox to run again??

When I search for it I have to use Windows 7 for OS to get it. Using Windows 10 will not find it, maybe Windows 8 would work but ​​I just use Windows 7 'cause it works.

Here's a link to the direct download of Gearbox > http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=3121.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 6 months later...

I have a POD XT Pro and run Gearbox just fine on windows 10. Make sure you first UnBlock the installer then set it to run in Win 7 Compatability mode. Then run the Installer.....No issues so far. B) 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...