Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Trouble recording DI with the Helix

ibanezfan123

Hi everyone. I am a new Helix owner and i am loving this unit. However, i am having difficulty using the unit in my DAW (cubase 6) to record the processed sound and the di. I have followed the manual and i believe i am routing my sends and outs correctly, but when i record no sound comes from my monitors , but rather my headphones only. I may be making some kind of obvious mistake. Anyone here have the same issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks  :)

Hi everyone. I am a new Helix owner and i am loving this unit. However, i am having difficulty using the unit in my DAW (cubase 6) to record the processed sound and the di. I have followed the manual and i believe i am routing my sends and outs correctly, but when i record no sound comes from my monitors , but rather my headphones only. I may be making some kind of obvious mistake. Anyone here have the same issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks  :)

You need to connect your monitors to the Helix outputs. The Helix becomes you computer's soundcard and the speaker outputs on your computer are not used.

You might be able to change the output on your computer to the computer's soundcard but silverhead is correct.  The best way to proceed is probably to connect your monitors to the Helix.  That way you don't have latency issues as the sound does not have to be processed by your Helix and then passed out through the DAW to the computer's soundcard. There is however always the option of routing the output to your computer's sound card if you want or even "reamping". Take a look at pages 44-47 in the manual, there are some great tips for different recording scenarios.