Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any IR requests?

roscoe5

I would be interested in taking a few Helix-use IR requests if you guys need something you're not getting from Helix or other IR's. I think I am only bound by my physical tube amps on hand and the Amplitube 4 cabinets. So far I've been able to create anything I was wanting or needing myself.

Option 1: Explicit specs

• Speaker cabinet or combo cabinet type
  • Pure cabinet or power amp + cabinet (can use Amplitube amps or any of my physical amps through the TAD Silencer line out or FANTA XLR)
  • Can mix and match any speaker type in 12" cabs. Can model smaller cabs, but cannot swap speakers.
  • Can have two mics on a cab in a single IR (i.e. one side dynamic, and the other ribbon), each on any cone location or distance.
  • Can mix in room mics for smoother, more ambient sound (not sure I would recommend this for live patches)
Option 2: Give me Helix amp preset with HX cabs or IR (prefer only an amp and cab/IR, no other blocks) that are close and describe what you don't like about them. Or just specify Helix amp block(s) you are interested in using it with.

Option 3: Send me an Amplitube cab or amp + cab preset, along with the Helix preset if you can. That's the quickest IR to make. It's easy to test a Helix preamp or amp with an Amplitube cab. Just set it up the way you want it and save it as a preset and send it to me. Note you will not get the reverb from the room mic feature. If you turn room mic all the way down, the resulting IR is REALLY close to just the cab and cab mics.

Option 4: Heck, just throw something out to me and see what you get.

Gear on hand:

• Amplitube 4 (all cabs, all mics, 90%+ of the amps for power amp + cab IR's)
  • Tube Amp Doctor Silencer
  • Mesa Simul 2:90 stereo tube power amp w/ 6L6 tubes, Deep, Modern, or 1/2 Drive (minimal effect on the IR)
  • Mesa 20/20 stereo tube power amp with EL34 tubes
  • Marshall 100/100 stereo tube power amp with EL34 tubes
  • Mesa Stiletto Deuce II EL34 tubes, tube/diode rectification, bold/spongy power
  • Mesa Mark V 6L6 tubes, tube/diode rectification, pentode/triode
Note that power amp + cab IR's offer a bit of color you would get from the tube amp direct to cab. I also think the sound good with Helix preamp blocks if you need some flexible post preamp routing options.

I cannot create full amp models, pedal models, distortions, etc. IR's only offer linear characteristics (frequency, phase), not non-linear (distortion, compression). I plan to only make cab-type IR's at this time.

Link to Dropbox for examples I have made for myself. You can try some Amplitube-only cab and power amp +cab IR's, as well as some physical power amps + AT cab IR's).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/009bkqzooza1aop/AADhgWBm3EfcN6205-IWaGZaa/IR?dl=0

Will list in-progress and completed IR's here

I have an IR request.... Trying to load the one's i have and not having any success and what I loaded being available in the helix. They all show up in the app, but not available when I try to select the cab.

ANy ideas?

It sounds like you are trying to find your Impulse Responses in the Cab block.  IR's are a different model block.

I have an IR request.... Trying to load the one's i have and not having any success and what I loaded being available in the helix. They all show up in the app, but not available when I try to select the cab.

ANy ideas?

post-1189006-0-51576500-1460554714_thumb.png

post-1189006-0-02558300-1460554768_thumb.png

• 2 years later...

All right, awesome! I'll send an amplitube preset. I usually just use the stock Marshall clone on there or something like a blackface fender. I crank it up about as loud as possible on master. I'm going for a crunchy hendrix sound. I've found that setting the 4x12 in cab room to the speaker config I mentioned produces a crunchy but not too distorted sound. When I get home later, I will try to send a setup. Thanks for your time! :)

On 2/6/2019 at 11:39 PM, mackedeli said:

I've attached the amplitube project here.

test.at4prj

I have created a couple of IR's of that Marshall Check v30/JC AT4 cab in your project, each with a slightly different processing method.  There is only a very subtle difference between the two.  

These are not post-processed, so use the high & low cuts on the Helix IR block to taste.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ftiur0lh7rxyyih/AACSmDx4kZgaToFBxPGEsDnJa?dl=0

On 2/6/2019 at 2:26 PM, roscoe5 said:

If you have amplitude amd this cab already configured, you could send me the preset.

How you make the irs? I use voxengondeconvolver wit ozone 8, the result is great on bias, but when i use the ir on helix it is dead mute. Need to add 60 db and then it sounds only a fizz.

11 hours ago, arislaf said:

How you make the irs? I use voxengondeconvolver wit ozone 8, the result is great on bias, but when i use the ir on helix it is dead mute. Need to add 60 db and then it sounds only a fizz.

I use voxengo deconvolver with FL Studio.

• 2 weeks later...