Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UPDATER - INVALID LOGIN

philipjoyce

I just got my Helix today and I'm trying to upgrade it to the latest firmware before i start really getting stuck into it. 
I've downloaded the latest Helix App Version 1.11.1 but every time i try to open the Updater it tells me i have invalid login 
my details are correct as I'm logged into the the Line6 website fine. 
i've tried uninstalling the updater and helix app and also changing my password to a simple no character one all to no avail
Im running a Macbook Pro on El Capitan version 10.11.4 

I could upgrade the firmware if i had a direct download for the file, i can connect the helix to the updater in offline mode

Any ideas what the reason for the Invalid Login is ? 
I'm losing my patience , i really wanna get using it but don't wanna use the older firmware. 

ok in addition to this, every time i log out of line6.com when i go to log in again it tells me Incorrect password; error 286 

is this some kind of glitch with Line6.com ? 

this is the third time today I've had to reset my password to get into the forums

Yea, I can't update mine either! I have the updater icon on my screen, but I can't seem to get the Helix program to work. I never get the Helix logo, and when I plug my USB from the Helix in, I get no recognition, just a chime that I plugged something in. I'm really not that good with a computer, it would be nice if L6 explained this in the owners manual. There isn't even much on line on how to do this crap. I have a Kemper, and it's always been a pain for me also, that's why I got a Helix, to simplify my life.

Consider:

1. Clear all cookies on your browser and turn off any ad blocking for the line 6 web site. And/or try a different browser.

This is for the web site issue.

Make sure you can log out and log in again without any problems.

If still an issue open a ticket.

2. For mac users.. Repair your permissions. Google how do to this if you don't know. Repairing permissions can sometimes help when there are weird issues.

Yea, I can't update mine either! I have the updater icon on my screen, but I can't seem to get the Helix program to work. I never get the Helix logo, and when I plug my USB from the Helix in, I get no recognition, just a chime that I plugged something in. I'm really not that good with a computer, it would be nice if L6 explained this in the owners manual. There isn't even much on line on how to do this crap. I have a Kemper, and it's always been a pain for me also, that's why I got a Helix, to simplify my life.

Where are you seeing the helix logo?

Is this on a mac? or PC?

Where are you seeing the helix logo?

Is this on a mac? or PC?

Win.7 no Helix logo, just the file name on desktop. I get the L6 Updater logo on my desktop. When I try to open the updater, I get the installer prompts, when I try to open the Helix download, it can't open the program. It might be my antivirus, and I'm using G Chrome for the browser.

OK, update on my process.  I was trying to download the newest ver of Helix 1.0.6, and i had not put in ver. 1.0.4 first.  Im not too good at programs, and my way around the computer, but on a whim i downloaded the older ver. and got it in.  Now i may be able to update once i connect my Helix.  Thanks for all the suggestions.

I guess Duh is in order for me.

• 4 years later...
21 hours ago, Rockstjärna said:

Invalid password to my updater for HX STOMP

Congratulations, you have just resurrected a dead 4 year old thread, and simply stating “Invalid password to my updater for HX STOMP” doesn’t give us much to go on. Password for what exactly?

When asking for assistance it helps to supply as much information as possible. For example what computer and operating system you are using and exactly what you were doing when the problem occurred. It is very difficult for anyone to provide help without this sort of information. 

Help is to help you and hope this makes sense.