Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

nimanecro

PLEASE HELP!!
everything was right before i connect a Digitech footswitch (Control 2) to my Pod HD Pro !!!!
now it doesn't work and when i turn it on, nothing happen. i'v tried to connect via USB but it seems dead :unsure:
is there any trick to start it again? :(

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Control2?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=none&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CNCJpsWY-LYCFcIv4AodcUMAFQ

if this is the gear you used, it supply's power to the modeler. so maybe you supplied power to something that doesn't want power

but Control 2 has not supply power, just working with a passive Ethernet cable.
  • Upvote 1

The control 2 requires no setup and simply connects to the DigiTech GSP1101 via a single cable that supplies both power and control signals, making stage setup quick and easy.

sorry man, i read it wrong

but Control 2 has not supply power, just working with a passive Ethernet cable

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

hi, let me explain you something.

Every brand uses some types of connectors that commonly we can found in more than one device, for this case, the FBV socket on the POD HD Pro, this is the same connector in other brands like Digitech and other brands, this is to reduce production costs, easy connection and final user's simplification.

Line6 uses standard ethernet cables  (NOT CROSSOVER) to connect other line 6 hardware, like POD'S, FOOT CONTROLERS, VARIAX GUITARS. but you cant connect a variax in the fbv socket. the same for line6 Link, it uses a standard XLR cable.

It doesn't mean that the same connector uses the same communication protocol, thats because you shouldn't mix brand devices that were not designed to work together, instead you read info before you do that and check the products will work and wont cause a hardware or software failure.

In case of FBV port, i have read something about the signals used to control te POD's, I mean it uses a I2C protocol which is a kind of synchronous link, with a data, clock and power lines, this is totally different from a ethernet port in the computer, by example.

For this reason, you probably broke the POD if the connections between line6 and Digitech are not the same.

Ina better way, you can use MIDI interfases and controlers, which were designed to interact with a lot of products with the same type of cable and the same type of data signals, in this case you can mix any controler capable to send and receive MIDI signals without problems.

I hope you found the problem and the POD is alive.

PD. Im a electronic Engineer, i love music, electronics and this kind of product information.

Chrisrock.