Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Foh sound vs L2t Help.

Hi there, im new to this digital amp modeling , and sound.

The short story is, i just received my Jtv 69s, the firehawk and a L2t speaker, and is wondering how i could get that perfect sound, im hearing in my L2t monitor, to foh????

If i connect my firehawk to foh, it sound bad,but in the L2t it sounds perfect.

So is there a way to match that sound im hearing with foh? without having to mic´ the monitor up??

Nice day to everybody

What mode are you using the L2t in?

If Electric Guitar mode then the L2t is simulating a 2 x 12 Open Back Guitar Cabinet and that processing is not available on any output so you have no choice but to mic up the L2t. This mode is intended to be used when the Cab is not being simulated by the modeller.

If PA Reference Mode then the exact output can be taken from the Mix Out (All Inputs) socket on the L2t, but this should match what you have from the Firehawk already.

Most people using modellers will use PA Reference Mode all the time and carefully program their patches so that they sound good at Gig Volume in the context of the Full Band when playing through the speaker.  This will eliminate the Fletcher Munchen effect and problems of the Patch disappearing in the Band Mix.

If you are using Electric Guitar Mode and Cabs on the Firehawk then the PA is not getting the second cab simulation - if you cannot get the sound you want by tweaking the patches in PA mode and have to use electric guitar mode you can try using EQ to simulate a guitar cab by cutting High frequencies down to between 8K and 5K and the low end up to 100Hz but it will not sound the same.

• Upvote 1

Ohh, thats exactly the kind of information I needed, can't understand why this isn't a part of a manual,thank you so much Rewolf48

I'm at home at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that the L2t is in electric guitar mode, but I guess I'll need to do some tweaking when using the reference mode, if the l

L2t also have a cab sim going? Can I still bring the XLR cable back from the mixer, so i can get my vocal in the monitor too?

In fact, it would work better in reference mode for bringing your vocals back to the L2t to monitor.  It's going to take you a bit of work redoing your tones to sound as you want them in reference mode but once you figure out the "formula" on one tone it should at least get you close on the rest of them.  It should just be a matter of engaging the speaker sims and choosing the right one for the tone you want.