Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Freeset Friday (Sustain tips)

sminchk67

If you aren't watching Scott's videos, would strongly encourage it. I've bought some of his presets and he sent me some of his "freesets". 

He is ridiculously talented and entertaining. And if you search back in his archive videos he's got a lot of them where he walks through different approaches to setting up your Helix tones. Learned all about IR's from him. 

• Upvote 1

I fully second this!

Scott's a really cool guy and he has done and still does each Monday through Friday a lot for the Helix-community with hin entertaining, informative videos.

He and Glenn have become two Helix subject matter experts around.

So go subscribe the Helix-Channel on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpJrfCxQmio6zyjut4n0qRw) and buy some of the presets to support him!

• Upvote 1

Anybody an idea how to get the patches?

I followed the link to PayPal and made the transaction, but then, nothing happened.

I bet scott explained how it works in one of the videos, but i did'nt see them all yet and sometimes it's hard for me to translate everything.

And is there anywhere an overwiew wich patches are sold in wich pack?

Thanks

Michael

Hey Scott, probably the wrong setting for this post, but i was hoping i could talk you into a video showcasing the useage of the sag, ripple, hum, bias and biasX controls? or how they can be used to benefit the tones.

I hear what they are doing, and i semi understand the theory behind most of the controls, but with soooooo many other options, it almost seems a little difficult to make intelligent use of them. Not only that, but often their response varies because they are dependent on other settings.

Ive been playing 30 years, but biasing an amp is something that ive never even considered attempting, and just left that for the shop.not to mention biasX

Thanks for any interest you may or may not take in this request.

• Upvote 1

I followed the link to PayPal and made the transaction, but then, nothing happened.

I bet scott explained how it works in one of the videos, but i did'nt see them all yet and sometimes it's hard for me to translate everything.

Thanks

Michael

When I ordered from him, he emailed me the patches a few hours later. They were great, and I enjoy his work on YouTube immensely. Best of health to you, Scott!

• Upvote 1

Thanks

Michael

Agree with all of the above comments. I learn more from his vids and playing with this patchsets than anything else.  

If you paid, he will email them shortly to the email account you paid from.  If you pre-ordered a patchset, like Yacht Rock, he will email them as soon as they are ready.