Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Trouble getting a Variax JTV89fbr

Is anybody else having a hard time getting a VARIAX? I ordered the guitar from L&M in Toronto and was given a two month delivery date. It was suggested I should pay up front because if I only did a deposit, if someone else came up with the cash I would loose out. So I did. And my order is #4 on the list for the exact same guitar. Anyway, that two month date was extended by two weeks only a few days after I ordered. And now that I am past delivery date, I finally was told my new date is the end of May (another 6 weeks!)....and it will be interesting to see if that date doesn't get moved as well. L&M says it's their distributor (Yorkville Sound) telling them this is all changes direct from Line 6. Yet I've seen a pic of a lot of variax waiting to get shipped and it's not uncommon to see posts saying they walked into a store and had no difficulty. This is beyond rediculous. 

Do any of you know a contact person in Line 6 to talk to about this? Or is there a Line 6 salesperson that will talk to me? It baffles me how this happens and I've been buying gear for more than 40 years. I could see to some extent how my helix was slow coming because it was a relatively new product. But the 89 has been out for what, 3 years now? This business of putting out the full cash for Line 6 equipment and waiting for extended periods of time is a crappy way to do business,no?

If any of the 3 other people who ordered the same guitar from L&M are here, I would be interested to know how long you have been waiting and your thoughts on this as well.

Thanks

Well it ain't exactly an iPhone. It's as "niche" a product as there's ever been. I've still yet to see any Variax model in stock in a store, even the huge chains...and I'm within 10 minutes of 3 different Big Box music stores. I had no choice but to buy online and cross my fingers.