Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

L6Link and 4 cable method?

rmp5s1

So, just got the cable for the L6 Link thing (aka another mic cable...lol) and I'm wondering, can I get rid of all the "4 cable method" cabling now and still do the "in front of the amp/through the loop" stuff like before?

Thanks.

Jeez...epic fail on my part...sorry.

Yea.  HD500x and a DT50 4x12.

Thanks.

Yep, The L6 link uses the Pre amp from the PODHD500x and the Power amp on the DT. So before after the preamp determines the effects position just like you would expect looking at the screen. 

Tip: You might want to try the "Pre" amps as they don't have the moddelled power amps. They are desigined to work with the DT although there are not rules on this just want works for you.

Got ya.  Sweet.  Just wanted to make sure.  I actually prefer to use the tones from the amp as the amp itself sounds quite good.  I will tinker with it though and try some of the pre-models though and see how they work out.  Between it and the pedal, the sky is the limit.

Thanks!

Yep, The L6 link uses the Pre amp from the PODHD500x and the Power amp on the DT. So before after the preamp determines the effects position just like you would expect looking at the screen. 

Tip: You might want to try the "Pre" amps as they don't have the moddelled power amps. They are desigined to work with the DT although there are not rules on this just want works for you.

Got ya.  Sweet.  Just wanted to make sure.  I actually prefer to use the tones from the amp as the amp itself sounds quite good.  I will tinker with it though and try some of the pre-models though and see how they work out.  Between it and the pedal, the sky is the limit.

Thanks!

With the L6 link it's going to use the POD amp models for pre amps, no matter what. That is what the L6link is for. If you like the DT tones just set them to the same "Pre" on the Pod and it *should* (some claim it don't but to me it sounds the same) match, if it doesn't sound the same to your ears then the 4cm is all you got left.  The knobs on both units are linked over l6link, except the reverb and master volume knobs on the DT.  Amp B is not used over L6 link as well, Although it's still there, so you could add a separate foot switch and still use it, but without the POD effects etc...., they will only come over Amp A. 

The way I've been going amp-only with the 4 cable method is selecting "fx-loop" in the pedal instead of an amp/cab sim.  This just tells the pedal where to put the front of amp/fx-loop line.  That doesn't work over L6Link?

Interesting with the "amp a only" thing.  That's kind of handy in a way, though.  If that's how it works, that kind of turns the thing into two 2-channel amps.  That'll be fun to play with, too!

Thanks.

With the L6 link it's going to use the POD amp models for pre amps, no matter what. That is what the L6link is for. If you like the DT tones just set them to the same "Pre" on the Pod and it *should* (some claim it don't but to me it sounds the same) match, if it doesn't sound the same to your ears then the 4cm is all you got left.  The knobs on both units are linked over l6link, except the reverb and master volume knobs on the DT.  Amp B is not used over L6 link as well, Although it's still there, so you could add a separate foot switch and still use it, but without the POD effects etc...., they will only come over Amp A.