Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware Update Fails on FH1500

farrellk

I've been trying to revert my Firehawk 1500 back to Firmware 1.00 (from 1.01). The reason is, I'm using it strictly as an FRFR amp for my Helix, and I'm plugging the Helix into the XLR Main Ins on the FH1500. The newest Firmware (1.01) does not pass thru the XLR Main Ins to the XLR Main Outs (which is how I want to feed FOH).

Regardless of the reasoning, I'm struggling getting Line 6 Updater working with the FH1500 via USB. My Windows 10 USB sees the FH1500. I choose the Local File (Firehawk_1500W_v1_00_00.tmf) then select 'Update,' I get to the Software License Agreement screen and click Accept. It looks like it's starting up, but then gives me a Firmware Update Failed message, stating an error has occurred, and please try again. It infers that there's a USB issue, but I use the exact same setup and USB port to update the Firmware on my Helix, as well as use the new editor.

Is anyone else having problems updating or reverting to old Firmware on the FH1500?

• Upvote 1

I've been trying to revert my Firehawk 1500 back to Firmware 1.00 (from 1.01). The reason is, I'm using it strictly as an FRFR amp for my Helix, and I'm plugging the Helix into the XLR Main Ins on the FH1500. The newest Firmware (1.01) does not pass thru the XLR Main Ins to the XLR Main Outs (which is how I want to feed FOH).

Regardless of the reasoning, I'm struggling getting Line 6 Updater working with the FH1500 via USB. My Windows 10 USB sees the FH1500. I choose the Local File (Firehawk_1500W_v1_00_00.tmf) then select 'Update,' I get to the Software License Agreement screen and click Accept. It looks like it's starting up, but then gives me a Firmware Update Failed message, stating an error has occurred, and please try again. It infers that there's a USB issue, but I use the exact same setup and USB port to update the Firmware on my Helix, as well as use the new editor.

Is anyone else having problems updating or reverting to old Firmware on the FH1500?

I think easiest way is do a factory reset? I am using FH1500+Helix in the same way that you mentioned; I did not update the firmware after I saw the note Arne wrote that the new firmware alters the routing of the monitor in to the XLR out..

http://line6.com/support/topic/19381-factory-reset-urgent-help-please/?do=findComment&comment=145634

ArneLine6

Posted 27 March 2016 - 02:36 PM

The factory reset is:

Hold the small encoder knob and the big volume knob pressed while powering up.

EDIT/NOTE: the FH1500 pilots guide seems to have a misprint; it lists a different instruction for how to do factory reset..

I think easiest way is do a factory reset? I am using FH1500+Helix in the same way that you mentioned; I did not update the firmware after I saw the note Arne wrote that the new firmware alters the routing of the monitor in to the XLR out..

http://line6.com/support/topic/19381-factory-reset-urgent-help-please/?do=findComment&comment=145634

ArneLine6

Posted 27 March 2016 - 02:36 PM

The factory reset is:

Hold the small encoder knob and the big volume knob pressed while powering up.

EDIT/NOTE: the FH1500 pilots guide seems to have a misprint; it lists a different instruction for how to do factory reset

Makes sense. Just wish it wasn't the only option, in case I want to return to FW 1.01 (or some other rev that surfaces).

Today, I'm experimenting with the 1/4" Loop Returns as a means to amplify the Helix in the FW1500.  Works nicely, but there is a lot of gain difference (much lower using the loop returns vs. the XLR ins - even when changing the output levels on the Helix). However, there's so much gain in this amp, it shouldn't be an issue.

ColonelForbin - do you know if version 1.01 of the FW passes everything coming into the L-R Loop Returns out the XLR outs?  I just want to make sure everything goes to FOH properly.  I guess one option is to interface to the FH1500 via the Helix 1/4" Outs, and at the same time interface to FOH via the Helix XLR Outs. Maybe that might be cleaner.

• Upvote 1

do you know if version 1.01 of the FW passes everything coming into the L-R Loop Returns out the XLR outs?  I just want to make sure everything goes to FOH properly.  I guess one option is to interface to the FH1500 via the Helix 1/4" Outs, and at the same time interface to FOH via the Helix XLR Outs. Maybe that might be cleaner.

I imagine it should; it's treating the FX loop as an effect in the guitar signal chain, as if you were adding outboard pedals or something like that. I am still on firmware 1.0, never did the update!

I think with the instrument/line level switch on the FH1500 fx loop, and the ability to tweak the return in the Firehawk app for the FX loop, and with the ability to make the Helix send line or instrument to the 1/4" outs, that you could make it work.

It would give you the option then to have audio going into the monitor inputs, but not the XLR outs - a monitor feed, or click track perhaps>? 

Not sure time frame, and it was not an 'official promise' but Line6Arne had mentioned they wanted to make that option to route the monitor input to the XLR out something you can toggle. I guess an IdeaScale entry would be a good way to get that options voted up! Until then, I am staying happily put on firmware 1.0 :)

EDIT...Vote 'er up on IdeaScale!

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Firehawk-1500-Monitor-input-to-XLR-output/817587-23508

I imagine it should; it's treating the FX loop as an effect in the guitar signal chain, as if you were adding outboard pedals or something like that. I am still on firmware 1.0, never did the update!

I think with the instrument/line level switch on the FH1500 fx loop, and the ability to tweak the return in the Firehawk app for the FX loop, and with the ability to make the Helix send line or instrument to the 1/4" outs, that you could make it work.

It would give you the option then to have audio going into the monitor inputs, but not the XLR outs - a monitor feed, or click track perhaps>? 

Not sure time frame, and it was not an 'official promise' but Line6Arne had mentioned they wanted to make that option to route the monitor input to the XLR out something you can toggle. I guess an IdeaScale entry would be a good way to get that options voted up! Until then, I am staying happily put on firmware 1.0 :)

EDIT...Vote 'er up on IdeaScale!

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Firehawk-1500-Monitor-input-to-XLR-output/817587-23508

Voted up!  For now, I'm using the 1/4" Loop Returns on the FH1500 as my stereo input for the Helix.  This works (albeit, with a level reduction).  At least I can now feed FOH from the FH1500 XLR Outs, or the XLR Outs on the Helix.

Voted up!  For now, I'm using the 1/4" Loop Returns on the FH1500 as my stereo input for the Helix.  This works (albeit, with a level reduction).  At least I can now feed FOH from the FH1500 XLR Outs, or the XLR Outs on the Helix.

You could try turning up the 'return', lets you go up to +12dB on the Firehawk app for the FH1500 FX loop; and I would turn up the mix to 100% just to be sure. Check the button on the back of the FH1500 too; toggles the FX loop between stomp (instrument) and line - try the line setting? And check your global in Helix, 1/4" out can be set to instrument or line - try line.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

i have purchased quite a few line 6 products. i now have reservations about anymore tho......... no support for firehawk 1500. people in this forum ask for help from moderators and no replies are given. i can't tell if my amp needs a firmware update or not. my android phone app seems to think it does, but it is an app for a floor effects pedal, not the amp. i don't know if i am missing something. i spent $1000 on this thing and the interface to control it is bug ridden. this is coming from a company that is based around computer software. i just don't get it. my windows 10

pc won't recognize my amp going thru the installed updater, i hooked it to the usb port, and nothing at all in the "select device" window. if a moderator sees this please contact me. but i won't hold my breath.

I updated mine through my wifi once when I first got it like a year ago. I don’t think that there was a new update probable just that old one. I heard some android issues but maybe the update corrected them. I use an iPad Pro on mine with no issues. Took a bit to update. I would try it again. Maybe the updater itself need updating that is often what I have to do before updating helix or native. Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1