Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I must be nuts.

hideout

So I did this crazy thing.

I setup a patch with a Fender Deluxe (Vibrato channel), a Twin cab and here's where it gets nutty, a Valve Driver between the amp and cab. Hefty volume drop but man it sounds cool. Very greasy SRV type tone and feel. Probably going to have to put in a Gain block to boost the output level.

There are no rules! If it sounds good, it's right.

Seems it's like putting the same analog pedal in the FX Loop of the analog amp. A Drive pedal normally goes in front of the amp, but you certainly could place it in the FX Loop.

Seems it's like putting the same analog pedal in the FX Loop of the analog amp. A Drive pedal normally goes in front of the amp, but you certainly could place it in the FX Loop.

Yes, except I'm using the whole amp less the speaker - Power amp and all just to be wacky. Gonna have to try it with just a preamp next.

Amen to that. Only problem is that some things...like this example...is so intuitively goofy that we probably miss out on lots of cool stuff, just because it makes no sense to even try in the first place. ;) But if it works, it works.

You likely voided the warranty on your Valve Driver by plugging such a high output signal into its input.  I'm surprised it still work!  :-)

It was Helix. Had it been an HD-500 it woulda fell apart... (ducks and runs for cover...)