Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Helix - No [paper] user manual

Guest losdudechris

Forget costs (although that's a factor) bit if Line6 keeps up the pace of updates, it's old news before it gets put in the box.  

Anytime I need to look something up (for any gear), I just go to the most current manual online.

• Upvote 1

Look everyone, and even Spikey - All I said was it wouldn't be a bad idea to put in a manual.  Line 6 explained it well, and I appreciated it.  But when you have people on these forums like Spikey who has SEVEN registered products (dude, if you don't sound good by NOW, you probably should stop) and others for collectively voting me down (congrats, you figured out a VOTING system!) you're not doing anyone in the community any good with these lame "self-worth", "U mad bro" posts on an obscure forum. 

I applaud Line 6 for a great product.  As for "voter trolls" like Spikey and "klangmaler", seriously, go get a life or something.

I do appreciate everyone ELSE'S opinion that actually contained merit.  Line 6, the only other criticism I have is to take a better look at your voting mechanism on forums like this.  You get forum troll / bullies like Spikey and Klanmaler, you can lose potential customers looking for a valid answer with tools like these guys.

Line6 gave you a manual.

You can have an updated version online.

What goes 'round, comes around:

Maybe you should update your pronounced views, too?

I think Helix should have an on-board panini press. Failing that, a tuna on rye toast with tomato, a little black pepper, and a bag of chips, delivered M-F for about 3 weeks (make it around 11:30..my day starts early). For $1500, I figure that's fair. ;)

OK I'm not kidding, this made me laugh so hard I actually snorted!  

That said, tuna on rye toast w/ a little black pepper and a bag o' chips is no joke. That's a serious sandwhich is what that is. Just add a slice of provolone and you're making a statement.

But when you have people on these forums like Spikey who has SEVEN registered products (dude, if you don't sound good by NOW, you probably should stop) and others for collectively voting me down (congrats, you figured out a VOTING system!) you're not doing anyone in the community any good with these lame "self-worth", "U mad bro" posts on an obscure forum.

What I register at Line 6 is my business. Ive been buying from them since early 2000 or so. Nice try, but It has nothing to do with how I sound, or don't sound - they are worth my money and its as simple as that. Thanks for including me as people. And I for one have not voted you down for anything even if this is worthy of such. So, ya Been to Kinkos yet? You still mad Bro? ;) Happy printing!

Forget costs (although that's a factor) bit if Line6 keeps up the pace of updates, it's old news before it gets put in the box.  

Anytime I need to look something up (for any gear), I just go to the most current manual online.

+ 1000

Guest losdudechris

I appreciate that take, even though you disagree.  Originally I just wanted to make sure that this wasn't an opened box and someone just took the manual.  But add enough water to the mix and you're sure to stir up some idiocy.  I don't mind using the USB stick; I just wanted to make sure this was by choice. 

• Upvote 1