Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Does anyone else find the Reverbs in Helix really disappointing?

tagwap

Hmm.... Modeled versions of modeled reverbs ;)

Sorry, just gave me a bit of a chuckle :)

Hah, yes, my post wasn't too well thought out was it! What a shame we can't just have the algorithms from those devices. :-)

I guess my sentiments were really that I would like something similar sounding, quality-wise, in Helix.

• Downvote 1

• 3 months later...

....Also, some of the effects parameters should be better explained, I know have a more or less correct Hall reverb for the acoustic after much experimentation. Still some way to go with regards to the TC Electronic Hall of Fame though ...

I move for a wiki-manual , drawing on the brains and experience of the community. It would be for understanding and using the various parameters for the effects and amps. It could be housed in the support section . It could include links to other info sources. The benefit is it would be easily accessible and indexed/ content-tabled, and specific for the product ( Helix). Unless Line 6 has the time to write about all the effects and such, this would be a great resource. 

Line 6 , what say ye? 

• 6 months later...

I'm looking for a tone with lots of verb and delay but more on the verb.

Anyone have anything like this from Bob's tone.  

I need some really ambient tones for some of the lighter stuff we're working on.

I think you'll be very happy with the new reverbs...

I'm looking for a tone with lots of verb and delay but more on the verb.

Anyone have anything like this from Bob's tone.  

I need some really ambient tones for some of the lighter stuff we're working on.

Try your favorite reverb with heavy mix (>50%) and your favorite delay with heavy mix but shorter feedback, but have the reverb and delay in parallel. If you don't have room for parallel signals, then run the reverb in front of the delay to maintain more of the reverb without getting hit repeatedly with the delay. 

• 2 years later...

I managed to dial in that "drip" reverb sound.  I made a little video too.  I feel like Helix effects are extremely powerful, but out of the box everything sounds like lollipop!  When I got it, I figured I' be able to get my basic DS-1 + Fender amp sound in no time, wrong was I!  

Anyway, take a listen to the said "drip"  here: