Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Hi Gain Patch Run Through Video Enclosed

monkeymanx

Very nice run through - they all sounded great to me.  And thanks for showing the details on the amp settings and which IRs you used.  Thanks!

And one dumb question - what was the purpose of the tube screamer?  Looks like the gain was all the way down on all presets and the tone control was flat.  What is it adding vs not having it there?

The Tube Screamer just tightens up the gain of the amp. Almost like a compressor and EQ effect prior to the amp. I used a similar pedal with my real amp for hi gain setups. Add the Tube Screamer to one of your setups and give it a run through. The Tube Screamer is cool for lower gain amps too but with some added gain to the pedal (not set to zero). Can make a cool mid gain lead tone.

• Upvote 2

Tried these setups with a guitar amp?

I have not but I would think they would be alright as long as you bypassed the cab sim section as you would be running through a real cab. Optimally I would think a standalone power amp would be the best to go with this pedal as it is a preamp. Or you could go through the loop and bypass your amps pre amp and just use the power section.