Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Control functionality

megadupe

I'm new to the forums and still trying to figure all this stuff out. But here's my 2 cents worth.

I purchased a Helix Rack along with the Helix Control and I can't imagine trying to use the Rack unit without it. As far as I know this combination provides all of the functionality of the floor unit, minus the built-in expression pedal (On the floor unit).

I use a Mission Engineering SP1-L6 (Which gives you the Toe Switch Control) as my Expression pedal #1. 

I would highly recommend you get the Helix Control unit as soon as you can. (And the SP1-L6)

I have the Helix Rack.  I've realized I'm missing out a lot without the Floor version.  Does the Helix Control add on provide all of the functionality of the Floor Helix (other than the Expression Pedal)?

Thanks for any info

Yes, but the real question you should have asked is...

Should anybody ever ever ever buy the Rack without getting Control?

The answer is no.

It's extremely subjective, but personally, I prefer Helix Rack/Control over the floor version, especially for live use. Duplicate expression pedal jacks, AES/EBU and wordclock in, other band members across stage can control their paths via standard footswitch, all FX-looped pedals are tucked away in the rack, the only cable on my part of the stage is a single ethercon (wireless otherwise), etc. Setup for three band members is all of five minutes.

It's extremely subjective, but personally, I prefer Helix Rack/Control over the floor version, especially for live use. Duplicate expression pedal jacks, AES/EBU and wordclock in, other band members across stage can control their paths via standard footswitch, all FX-looped pedals are tucked away in the rack, the only cable on my part of the stage is a single ethercon (wireless otherwise), etc. Setup for three band members is all of five minutes.

Before I used the Rack/Control, I disagreed, but now I think you're right. The look on stage is WAY cleaner for me now than it was with HD 500. Easy to set up and yes, the only cable right by me is that ethercon cable (I'm not wireless, but my cable isn't a big huge deal.