Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD 500x price drop

tdownerd

Or, it means that another shipment of the Helix is coming. 

Listen, the 500 (and X) is six year old technology. Sure, I used my last rig for over 20 years. And I have 30 year old guitars. 

But computerized stuff is different. Windows 10 is out. Google and Apple are replacing (or at least being an addition to) Microsoft. There is no reason to suspect that the 500 is going to be around much longer.

I don't see what a price drop would have to do with an impending update. Retailers and/or manufacturers blow stuff out whenever the boss-man notices too many of "Product X" sitting around, and decides to unload them. Especially with an older item in the process if being eclipsed by the next "big thing"...

Thanks for opinions, just curious. My pod 500 seems to be having foot switch & looper issues...was thinking of replacing with a 500x unless something in the same range was around the corner (i.e. Not at Helix price point.)

Thanks for opinions, just curious. My pod 500 seems to be having foot switch & looper issues...was thinking of replacing with a 500x unless something in the same range was around the corner (i.e. Not at Helix price point.)

Well "update" and "new ~$500 box" are different things. When I hear update, I'm thinking firmware, model packs, etc. I suspect something else will eventually fill that slot, as not everyone will pony up $1500 for a Helix. Regardless, the price drop on the old stuff generally happens after the shiny new "Thingus 247Q" is released, not before.

Well "update" and "new ~$500 box" are different things. When I hear update, I'm thinking firmware, model packs, etc. 

Nah, even though the term is a mistake, I instantly thought that he meant a new product. (I made an lollipop out of you and me by assuming what he meant, lol)

However, I have said many  times, I expect something like a HD505 or a Helix Lite to come out some day. But I anticipate that it will be awhile because the other product hasn't been fully saturated yet. They would really shoot themselves in the foot by releasing another $500 product before the $1500 one has gotten to all potential buyers. 

I don't care. I have a product that fully functions. What do I need a new one for.  

The other thing to consider is: 

If we end up with a $15 dollar an hour minimum wage, there is no reason to ever sell a $500 piece again - it is only a week's pay. Think about it, if you can afford $500 on $7, you can certainly afford the $1500 one at $15. 

LET THAT BE A LESSON TO ALL OF THE "GIMME GIMME'S" in the world. 

• Upvote 1

It's been said by DI recently on this forum, tgp, or both that if they didn't have their price locked in, there would be no way that they could make the HD500X for the price it is now, $500. And it's nothing to do with minimum wages...

What price drop ?  

... in the $500 price range   

Well, I think you answered the question when you said the word RANGE. 

I have seen the HD500 priced as low as $350 (regular price, not a sale price). But you need to know where to shop, lol. 

While others have paid more than the $500 that we always quote. 

A retailer dropping the price of a 6 year old unit from $499 to $449 is not a price drop. Some people are just too thick to understand. 

As far as i see it Line 6 still need a floor unit in the price range of £350 as well as the Helix.

I think line 6 would be cutting there own throat if they done away with a floor unit in the £350 price range, because they already have a massive user base in that price of hardware they supply.

so they know people a willing to spend that amount for a quality built unit.

Not everyone has £1100 plus they can simply throw into there hobby/pass time, this is where the £350 is the sweet spot for Line 6 and an acceptable/affordable price range for the masses.

• Upvote 1

As far as i see it Line 6 still need a floor unit in the price range of £350 as well as the Helix.

I think line 6 would be cutting there own throat if they done away with a floor unit in the £350 price range, because they already have a massive user base in that price of hardware they supply.

Firehawk FX?

As I previously said: In Germany, the price has risen from 469 to 499€ from Dec to now.

So what´s the conclusion? One might guess it is a worthless discussion :huh: :rolleyes:

But let's keep it going for another 3 or 4 pages anyway...

Is there a price drop?

Looks like there's gonna be a price drop.

No price drop here.

What does the price drop mean?

No one knows what a price drop is.

There's no such thing as a price drop.

If the price drops in a forest, but no one is there to read the ad, do trees have money?

How will the price drop affect the endangered Venezuelan beaver flea?

Thoughts? ;)